Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Our Morning Coffee and Weather

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Our Morning Coffee and Weather

Post by JEBar » Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:27 pm

just returned from 40 mile round trip medical appoints for both Maureen and me .... clear and cool with a current temp of 52, only supposed to get up a couple of degrees higher this afternoon .... next rain mentioned in the forecast is supposed to roll in on Sunday ....
1 x

Ozarkwoodswalker
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Ozarkwoodswalker » Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:09 am

After several days with out power i miss early coffee. ( i can drive over to my mothers when i feed and get some... thats excellent to be able to... but not the same as that first cup when you just get in the standing postion....
0 x

cooperhawk
Drover
United States of America

Post by cooperhawk » Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:28 am

34°F, Snow mainly before 8am. Mostly cloudy, Barometer 29.43 in
Patchy blowing snow between 8am and 4pm with a temperature falling to around 14 by 5pm.
Breezy, with a west northwest wind 10 to 15 mph increasing to 15 to 20 mph in the morning.
Winds could gust as high as 30 mph.
One warm morning and then back into the deep freeze.
I plan to get the tractor out this morning and move some snow while it's still warm.
Coffee coming up.
0 x
Retired FAA Air Traffic Control Supervisor
VFW (Life Member), VVA (Life Member)
Legion (Life Member), NRA (Life Member)
U S Army Aviation 64-67, Vietnam MACV 65-66

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:54 am

A couple inches of snow yesterday and a couple more last night with a few more inches predicted. What’s worse is the drifting. Hope I can make it out of the driveway as I have a trip planned for Wausau.

I’ve been involved with the Our Town Meeting and have made a few of friends. There are a lot of widow/widowers that want to get out and do things and I’ve been the catalyst to organize outings.

Two weeks ago I ordered a nine passenger van. It’s AWD and more like a limousine than a bus. Matter of fact it’s the same length and wheelbase as the 15 passenger bus. Instead of being three seats across it only has two and instead of having four rows of seats in the back it only has three. The rear seat only seats three instead of four. I should have it in six weeks to six months.
1 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:27 am

26F with snow falling gently. About an inch overnight.
Coffee in the Mary Lou's news mug this morning. I feel for you Ozarkwoodswalker. The first cup is usually a jump starter for me.
Not much on the plate today.

I hope your day is good.
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

graywolf
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by graywolf » Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:37 am

26 degrees earlier headed to low 50’s. Mostly sunny and not much wind. Don’t feel like doing much, but will be able to get out and get some fresh air.
0 x

brm4450
Drover
United States of America

Post by brm4450 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:43 am

Breezy today: a low of 9 with an expected high of 36; currently 17. Everyone have a great day 🇺🇸
0 x
H012C, 2 H004V, H001TMER, H004SV, H001TV, H001TLB, H003T, H005MG, H001V, H001TLP, Rossi Ranch Hand, Uberti 1860, Ubérti 1866 Goldenboy
"when you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk" Tuco

Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Post by Shakey Jake » Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:05 am

Ozarkwoodswalker wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:09 am
After several days with out power i miss early coffee. ( i can drive over to my mothers when i feed and get some... thats excellent to be able to... but not the same as that first cup when you just get in the standing postion....
I purchased a used gas stove years ago at a hardware store for $40. Best investment I've made. When power goes out (hurricanes usually) we can still cook with it. It's in the garage.
We also have camping equipment as the boys were in scouts and I used it at the deer lease. We have an old-fashioned percolator to use on the stove. There may be a few grounds in the last cup so we strain it through a Malita coffee filter.
This morning it was 37° on the dog walk. It's not much warmer now at 44°. It's supposed to get up to 69° later in the day as winds shift back from the gulf.
There's a fairly good anecdotal story on the Traces thread this morning if you care to check it out. Austrinken!
Jake
1 x

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:25 am

Ozarkwoodswalker wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:09 am
Sorry to hear this, thought you would be fixed by now. That must have been some snowstorm.

Here it’s 33 heading to 37. Had a little less than an inch of wet snow fall earlier this morning but it’s stopped now. I’ll probably go out and shovel it off the concrete since we’re expecting a big freeze starting tonight and tomorrow this wet snow will be an ice block.

The boat show is this weekend and my wife and I are going to stop by today. Always fun to look.
0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:04 am

I was in the local Wally World yesterday and it was encouraging to see that they had already moved their inventory back to their seasonal, ( Spring/Summer) positions.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry