Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Our Morning Coffee and Weather

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Our Morning Coffee and Weather

Post by fortyshooter » Fri May 20, 2022 11:03 am

Welcome to Summer in Va. today and thru Sunday 95-98F. Took care of a few yard needs this morning and done. Great day to do some reloading with some 45 Colt in the tumbler.
1 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri May 20, 2022 2:13 pm

our Tarheel Traveler Camping Club is once again spending a long (Thursday - Sunday) at the NC State Campground === https://campgrounds.rvlife.com/regions/ ... round-9022 .... its hot, really hot .... 94 with a heat index of 99 .... last night heavy thunderstorms with hurricane force winds moved through just north of us causing downed trees and power outages ... we got heavy rain and strong lightening/thunder .... the big event for this weekend is the Got To Be NC Festival === https://www.gottobencfestival.com/ .... in addition tonight (Friday) the Carolina Hurricanes have a Stanley Cup match at the arena which is on the Fairgrounds .... with the temp, not many folks out and about .... today is a great test for camper AC's
1 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat May 21, 2022 7:30 am

another beautiful but muggy morning .... 74 on its way to 90 with a "Real Feel" of 97 .... thunderstorms may well roll through later this afternoon and overnight .... as noted above, we are camped at the NC State Fairgrounds, looking forward to another good day
0 x

dasmoeturhead
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dasmoeturhead » Sat May 21, 2022 7:36 am

65° and sunny. Going to 83°
Yesterday we broke a record set in 1942 (90°)
1st cup of joe is down, and sausage eggs and toast are next. Off to buy the Wife a battery operated string trimmer. I use the stihl fs9 gas, but it's to heavy for her. Today is my radio check in with the USCG radio net. Yesterday I talked to Russia, Italy, and New Hampshire.
Cheers!
0 x
I'm a Ship that can't be Salvaged!

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Sat May 21, 2022 9:52 am

39 now with beautiful sun streaming thru the trees and brush. Looks like paradise out there. Had a big rain/hail storm yesterday and everything is wet and shiny. Haven’t heard the predicted high yet as our local weather folks sleep in on the weekend.

Today I’ll finish the mowing I started yesterday. I have a large area that was still pretty dry due to a large number of trees that keep the rainfall from the ground. Yesterdays hard downpour did a good job of soaking this area so today’s mowing won’t be in a cloud of dust. (Picture Pigpen from Charley Brown)

Then I’ll finish the boat preps I didn’t get even started yesterday as we’re heading out tomorrow morning for a cruise. We have more storms predicted for this afternoon but the boat is inside so…let it storm!
0 x

Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Post by Shakey Jake » Sat May 21, 2022 10:03 am

84° with 80% humidity. Just had cereal, toast and coffee this morning.
Jake
0 x

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Sat May 21, 2022 10:20 am

If you liked yesterday you will love today....Hot and Humid 96+
0 x

cooperhawk
Drover
United States of America

Post by cooperhawk » Sat May 21, 2022 10:21 am

Mostly Cloudy 46°F 8°C
Humidity 57%
Wind Speed W 7 mph
A chilly morning.
Coffee and cookies.
I'm going to town this morning for seafood. Every two weeks a refrig truck comes up from
Galveston, Tx. with fresh seafood. We usually get shrimp, crab, and Redfish.
Then I guess I'll start mowing.
Carol is slowly getting better. Slowly. :(
0 x
Retired FAA Air Traffic Control Supervisor
VFW (Life Member), VVA (Life Member)
Legion (Life Member), NRA (Life Member)
U S Army Aviation 64-67, Vietnam MACV 65-66

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Sat May 21, 2022 10:53 am

It takes a while Coop. Im just starting to feel like I might have some energy returning. It really zaps it outa ya. Im thinking getting back on the bike will be slow recovering process. Been off of it to long. Our big storm passed through. We just got some rain and a few mixed flurries here. Mountains got some snow. Its 39 right now headed to the mid 50's. Im gonna mow later when it warms up.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Sat May 21, 2022 11:43 am

BigAl52 wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 10:53 am
It takes a while Coop. Im just starting to feel like I might have some energy returning. It really zaps it outa ya. Im thinking getting back on the bike will be slow recovering process. Been off of it to long. Our big storm passed through. We just got some rain and a few mixed flurries here. Mountains got some snow. Its 39 right now headed to the mid 50's. Im gonna mow later when it warms up.
Big Al....I must have missed it but what happened to you? Hope you continue to recover! To hot to shoot and to hot for me to go to the big cruise in today. Stopped by the LGS and nothing to pull my chain there. Think I go back to bed!
0 x