Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Our Morning Coffee and Weather

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Our Morning Coffee and Weather

Post by JEBar » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:43 am

67 very comfortable but windy degrees this morning in Estelline, SD .... supposed to get up to 98 uncomfortable degrees later today .... if so, it'll be hotter here than it will be back home in NC .... having some relatives over for breakfast, they hope the wind will settle a bit and they can go fishing ... :D
0 x

cooperhawk
Drover
United States of America

Post by cooperhawk » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:08 am

Folgers and yes, a pop tart.
64, sunshine, light wind, going for a high of 90 today.
Got to start painting the deck today. I am not a big fan of painting, but its got to be done.
Family reunion here in the second part of July and I need to get working.
Have a good day all.
0 x
Retired FAA Air Traffic Control Supervisor
VFW (Life Member), VVA (Life Member)
Legion (Life Member), NRA (Life Member)
U S Army Aviation 64-67, Vietnam MACV 65-66

Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Post by Shakey Jake » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:19 am

73° rain cooled air this morning. 81% humidity and headed towards 97° this afternoon. That combination makes for a very hot and muggy day. I've had my coffee and getting ready to make breakfast. I'll scramble some eggs and fry some bacon.
Jake
0 x

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:41 am

47 heading to 73 under sunny skies. A big warm up starts tomorrow with highs in the low 90’s next week. Ugh.

Mowing on the schedule for today, both the lawn and hopefully if it’s not too dusty my non irrigated tree areas too. Got nearly a half inch of rain night before last so hopefully some of that moisture is still in the ground. Should have mowed yesterday but a prior golf commitment prevented that. Played with an old work buddy that I haven’t seen in a couple of years so that was fun.
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:52 am

Im with ya Coop me and a paint brush just dont play well together. As I mentioned we picked up our new RV Monday. We stayed the night in Sidney,Ne. I had a few issues with my new hitch but it just seemed to be tight due to being new as it works well now. We also found a couple of issues with the new trailer. One was a placement of a vacuum and not being able to change the bag without total inconvenience. That item was fixed by a modification to a front bulk head suggested by the dealer. We took it back yesterday and they did that along with fixing the sliding door for the bathroom. Im glad we stayed and checked out all systems. Our dealer Maddox Motors in Sidney as far as I am concerned is the best. There customer service is second to no one. It was hot there yesterday as its going to be here today at 99 deg.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

cooperhawk
Drover
United States of America

Post by cooperhawk » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:49 pm

BigAl52 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:52 am
As I mentioned we picked up our new RV Monday. We stayed the night in Sidney,Ne. I had a few issues with my new hitch but it just seemed to be tight due to being new as it works well now. We also found a couple of issues with the new trailer. One was a placement of a vacuum and not being able to change the bag without total inconvenience. That item was fixed by a modification to a front bulk head suggested by the dealer. We took it back yesterday and they did that along with fixing the sliding door for the bathroom. Im glad we stayed and checked out all systems. Our dealer Maddox Motors in Sidney as far as I am concerned is the best. There customer service is second to no one. It was hot there yesterday as its going to be here today at 99 deg.
Enjoy the new RV Al. We've been RVing for 25 years together and love it. Of course our RV is getting pretty old, but then so am I. :cry:
1 x
Retired FAA Air Traffic Control Supervisor
VFW (Life Member), VVA (Life Member)
Legion (Life Member), NRA (Life Member)
U S Army Aviation 64-67, Vietnam MACV 65-66

Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Post by Shakey Jake » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:00 am

Cereal and coffee this morning. It was 74° this morning on the dog walk at around 6:30 a.m. Supposed to get up to mid 90's with a chance of thunderstorms this afternoon.
Jake
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:40 am

Coop get that RV out of the shed this winter and come on down. We could meet up for some shrimp. 64 here this am Im up early headed for the bike trail here shortly. Another day of 100 deg here. Yesterday hit 102. When you hot you hot
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:49 am

we awoke to a warm, windy morning in Estelline ... Rodeo preparations are in high gear .... as this is being typed our youngest son and his wife are on the second leg of their out here .... they are due in at Sioux Falls in about an hour .... we have a morning trip to Brookings for meds and groceries at Walmart; along with, some hose fittings from Lowe's ...
0 x

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:29 am

44 heading to 81 under sunny skies. Looking forward we see nothing but high temps and dry conditions. The rain that fell last week while I was away has dried up and it’s getting very dry again. Did my mowing of the non-irrigated areas yesterday and by the time I was finished I was sitting in a cloud of dust. It’s fire preparation week here in this area and the outlook for wildfires is grim.

Meanwhile I’m enjoying a nice cup of coffee and trying to decide what to work on today. The list is long and that’s a good thing. Idle hands and all that! :D
0 x