Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Our Morning Coffee and Weather

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Re: Our Morning Coffee and Weather

Post by Shakey Jake » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:32 am

It was 81° this morning at 6 a.m. with 87% humidity. Supposed to get up to 97° with a "real feel" of 109°. Got out and cut grass this morning before it got really hot. Dripped with sweat when walking into the house. Coffee, cereal, and cinnamon roll for breakfast. I'll take a trip to the LGS after showering to get a gun bore sited.
Jake
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:00 am

68 already and headed to the hot zone 97 here today. Today we are headed to get our Fifth Wheel. We decided to get a little bigger one than we had. So we sold our last one and have been waiting for this one to come in. Its now been at the RV dealer a week and ready for us. More later and I will also try to get some decent pics.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Grunt67
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Grunt67 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:00 pm

In the sun, yesterday, it was 106 with a heat index of 126. 96 in the shade. Kept my old butt inside with the A/C making the electric
co. big bucks. On the calendar, Summer is still a week away.
0 x
I rarely ever buy a rifle, but when I do, it's a Henry.

"Every day above ground, is a good day" ( Al Capone )

cooperhawk
Drover
United States of America

Post by cooperhawk » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:15 pm

72 this morning and going into the high 80s today. Clear skies and light winds.
Retirees breakfast this morning at Cracker Barrel. Only 5 of us. They're dyeing off.
Work around the place today. Supposed to start a cooling trends tomorrow.
0 x
Retired FAA Air Traffic Control Supervisor
VFW (Life Member), VVA (Life Member)
Legion (Life Member), NRA (Life Member)
U S Army Aviation 64-67, Vietnam MACV 65-66

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:02 am

scrambled eggs with cheese, our favorite NC sausage, and a half cup of Folgers have kicked off my day ....hope to be on the road between 9:00 and 9:30 this morning .... nice morning, a comfortable 70 degrees in Nebraska City but the humidity is a bit high at 74% .... watching "Destination Tokyo" made in 1944 staring Cary Grant
0 x

cooperhawk
Drover
United States of America

Post by cooperhawk » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:14 am

66, Sunny, Light winds. Nice. Cooler weather for a few days.
Coffee and Pop Tart.
Should start painting the deck today. I don't like painting very much but it's needed. :(
0 x
Retired FAA Air Traffic Control Supervisor
VFW (Life Member), VVA (Life Member)
Legion (Life Member), NRA (Life Member)
U S Army Aviation 64-67, Vietnam MACV 65-66

Ozarkwoodswalker
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Ozarkwoodswalker » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:24 am

Another beautiful day progressing. I'm sitting at docs office for an appointment for their second attempt to get a giant chunk of wax out. Hopefully they will succeed this time and it won't hurt as much as last weeks attempts. Hopefully it will go smoothly and I will be able to maintain a manly manner, and, well, you know, not squeal like a girl. 😬😬😬😉😉😉
0 x

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:12 am

Back home in good ole’ Deer Park WA. Currently it’s 58 and only heading to 68. Had some pretty spectacular thunderstorms overnight that brought some much needed rain. It’s a really nice morning here with the windows opened and all the fresh air flowing thru. Even tho I’m pretty beat from my 8 hour drive towing a trailer home yesterday I’m leaving here shortly to go play golf. My buddy contacted me while we were gone and playing today seemed like a better idea then than it does now. Fortunately the course we’re playing today is extra long with big distances between the green and the next tee. Probably about an extra mile walking than a normal course. I’m tired just thinking about it. :lol:

Still, it’s good to be home.
0 x

Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Post by Shakey Jake » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:07 pm

92° right now. Headed towards' 97°. Don't know what the "real feel" is but ERCOT has sent phone messages the last two days that the power grid is being stressed and to "conserve" electricity. ERCOT, if you live in Texas, is the bull@$^$ agency that helped cause the situation last February. The Tx legislature did nothing, nothing, nothing to rein them in. Anyway, had a bowl of cottage cheese and cantaloupe for breakfast along with my coffee this morning.
Jake
0 x

Ozarkwoodswalker
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Ozarkwoodswalker » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:52 am

Now started the last half of June. How time flies.... driving down the road it appears haymaking is suddenly and at last in overdrive...seeing round bales appear everywhere in just a few days you might think it's easy, however, I found it th o be a big job when I was putting up my own.....( now it still seems a big job hauling in what I buy from my neighbor. When you are young , you can manage to turn out more work.... or that's how it seems to me. There were years when I cut,raked,and baled (by myself) over 600 round bales... while I had a full time off farm job.... now hauling and stacking 200 from my neighbor ( when I am retired and don't have other work to keep up with) seems like a big enough job.... hummmm..... ah, who cares... the coffee is still good in the morning at least.....😉👍
1 x