Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Our Morning Coffee and Weather

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
Redthies
Cowboy
Canada

Re: Our Morning Coffee and Weather

Post by Redthies » Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:25 am

Hatchdog wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:15 am
A nice refreshing 46 out there as I watch the sun stream thru the brush, beautiful. Today’s high is expected to be an incredible 84 and tomorrow 88. If that happens it will be a new record high for Spokane. We’re going to take advantage of this nice weather and take the boat out for a run tomorrow. Today it’s get it done day. :D
Similar story here, just up the road from you. Going to “the big city” this morning to pick up bathroom tile, then home to work on the house or a customer trailer. Tomorrow will be work in the morning, then a boat ride with some fishing in the afternoon. How much snow do you guys see in DP, John? And when do you usually see the first snow on the ground?
0 x
SGC .22 LR Stripped and oiled up
BBSC .357 w Skinner Express & Patridge
BBSC .44 Magnum with Skinners
Marlin 1895GS .45-70 w RPP Cloverleaf
Marlin 336BL .30-30 w Skinner LoPro 2 and Sig 2-7x
1912 Winchester 1894 .30 WCF

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:40 am

Redthies wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:25 am
Hatchdog wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:15 am
A nice refreshing 46 out there as I watch the sun stream thru the brush, beautiful. Today’s high is expected to be an incredible 84 and tomorrow 88. If that happens it will be a new record high for Spokane. We’re going to take advantage of this nice weather and take the boat out for a run tomorrow. Today it’s get it done day. :D
Similar story here, just up the road from you. Going to “the big city” this morning to pick up bathroom tile, then home to work on the house or a customer trailer. Tomorrow will be work in the morning, then a boat ride with some fishing in the afternoon. How much snow do you guys see in DP, John? And when do you usually see the first snow on the ground?
Here in Deer Park just 15 miles north of Spokane we are in a snow belt. We get probably around 70+ inches of snow for the season and lately we get snow and it stay around for the winter. Used to be we would get a snow thaw cycle that kept the total on the ground down. First snow can be in September but for snow that stays around that’s not until October or November.
0 x

Redthies
Cowboy
Canada

Post by Redthies » Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:59 am

Hmmm. I’m not sure if we are in a “belt” here, but we are right on Christina Lake and I hear we get a bit more snow than Grand Forks which is only 10 mins to the SW. Coming from a ski town that got an average of 37’ per year, this will be better for sure, but the few years spent down by the ocean was a treat and might have spoiled us. I have chains for my tractor and a plow for my truck, so that’s covered at least. Should be a much drier snow here too
0 x
SGC .22 LR Stripped and oiled up
BBSC .357 w Skinner Express & Patridge
BBSC .44 Magnum with Skinners
Marlin 1895GS .45-70 w RPP Cloverleaf
Marlin 336BL .30-30 w Skinner LoPro 2 and Sig 2-7x
1912 Winchester 1894 .30 WCF

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:00 am

54F with 74% humidity.
Coffee in the fire dept mug.
Made and canned applesauce yesterday. Starting on Sunday gravy today. I should be canning by tomorrow.
I hope your day is great!
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

Ozarkwoodswalker
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Ozarkwoodswalker » Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:52 am

48° so i guess fall is here. Hot coffee couldnt be bad this morning is my thought
0 x

cooperhawk
Drover
United States of America

Post by cooperhawk » Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:40 am

Mostly Cloudy 45°F 7°C
Humidity 81%
Wind Speed NW 3 mph
Barometer 30.16 in
I'm up early. This week the VA wants me to visit three clinics for evaluation for benefits. Their
idea, not mine. I have a disability for hearing and have the hearing aids, but now they say they
think I'm eligible for more, so..............
The clinic today is on the other side of the Twin Cities. About an hours drive. The next two are
local.
So, coffee and cookies and on my way.
0 x
Retired FAA Air Traffic Control Supervisor
VFW (Life Member), VVA (Life Member)
Legion (Life Member), NRA (Life Member)
U S Army Aviation 64-67, Vietnam MACV 65-66

cooperhawk
Drover
United States of America

Post by cooperhawk » Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:27 am

Speaking of my cravings, Oh right, my carvings, I finished repainting them yesterday.
This is the first thing you see driving into our yard from the woods.
Eagle new paint.jpg
Eagle new paint.jpg (79 KiB) Viewed 284 times
Attachments
Racoon new paint.jpg
Racoon new paint.jpg (64.29 KiB) Viewed 284 times
Bear new paint.jpg
Bear new paint.jpg (60.17 KiB) Viewed 284 times
5 x
Retired FAA Air Traffic Control Supervisor
VFW (Life Member), VVA (Life Member)
Legion (Life Member), NRA (Life Member)
U S Army Aviation 64-67, Vietnam MACV 65-66

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:48 am

48 with a forecast of 89 in Spokane which will be a new record if it happens. Here in Deer Park we’re always a few degrees cooler. Then a cold front arrives tomorrow with a forecast high on Thursday of 67. Nice 22 degree drop. Then a nice fall weekend with temps in the low 70’s and sunshine. That will make the fall festivals around very happy.
0 x

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:02 am

Redthies wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:59 am
Hmmm. I’m not sure if we are in a “belt” here, but we are right on Christina Lake and I hear we get a bit more snow than Grand Forks which is only 10 mins to the SW. Coming from a ski town that got an average of 37’ per year, this will be better for sure, but the few years spent down by the ocean was a treat and might have spoiled us. I have chains for my tractor and a plow for my truck, so that’s covered at least. Should be a much drier snow here too
Gonna be up in your neck of the woods today, launching at the Kettle Falls ramp for a day of pleasure boating on Roosevelt.
0 x

Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Post by Shakey Jake » Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:35 am

Glad to report it was 62° this morning while walking the dogs a little before 7 local time. Currently it's 74° and the high is supposed to be around 90°. I cooked bacon, eggs, toast and coffee for breakfast.
Jake
0 x