Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Our Morning Coffee and Weather

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
brm4450
Drover
United States of America

Re: Our Morning Coffee and Weather

Post by brm4450 » Sun May 15, 2022 8:55 am

Al hope you get to feeling better, today: partly cloudy & a high of 73, currently; 50 with a slight westerly wind. Getting ready to go to mass, visit with Denmark crew and then off to our 4th graduation in 3 days. Everybody have a great day!
1 x
H012C, 2 H004V, H001TMER, H004SV, H001TV, H001TLB, H003T, H005MG, H001V, H001TLP, Rossi Ranch Hand, Uberti 1860, Ubérti 1866 Goldenboy
"when you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk" Tuco

Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Post by Shakey Jake » Sun May 15, 2022 9:10 am

Another hot day today. Currently 71° but headed to the mid 90's today. I plan on going to the range sometime today. Just had cereal, toast and coffee for breakfast.
Jake
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun May 15, 2022 9:19 am

64 on its way to 84 under a beautiful blue sky in central NC .... thunderstorms possible later this afternoon .... a regular breakfast has come and gone .... Folgers still on active duty .... calm day on tap
0 x

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Sun May 15, 2022 9:40 am

BigAl52 wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 12:31 pm
Hatchdog wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 11:15 am
Get well wishes to BigAl, Carol (coop), Coop’s grandson and all others who are feeling poorly right now, :(

34 overnight with a light rain as expected. High today is supposed to be 51 with maybe some thunderstorms later this afternoon.

Our poor pup got bit or somehow came in contact with something that is not agreeing with him. Yesterday we were running around (with him) over in Idaho and his face swelled up to the point he could hardly see out of his eyes and his snout was nearly twice the diameter as normal. We stopped at a Wallys and picked up some Benadryl for him. Last night the swelling went down but he’s itching like crazy. At 3:00 am this morning we had him in the shower (walk in with a handheld fortunately) and he seems to be doing better. This morning he is still itching but not nearly as much as last night. Why do dogs always have their issues on Friday afternoon right before the vet closes for the weekend? :roll:

I wish I would have thought to take a picture of him with his swollen snout, he looked so pitiful it was almost funny.
Mine always wait till we are out of town then you have the challenge of finding a vet

Yes that’s another consideration. We were leaving for Salt Lake City this coming Thursday but between concern for the dog and the price of gas we decided to cancel our trip. Mostly the cost of gas and the fact we didn’t get the chance to acclimate the pup to the trailer like we wanted. Figured a long mostly driving four night 1500 mile trip is not a good introduction to RV life. We were planning on seeing the Greg Gutfield show in SLC. Gutfield is a political humorist on Fox News who we really enjoy. We’ll just have to eat the price of the tickers.

Today it was 41 when I got up and is supposed to be sunny and warmer today with maybe thunderstorms late afternoon. Yesterday’s Thunderbird show at the base was canceled due to the low ceiling and possible thunderstorms in the area. Feel bad for the folks who suffered the cold drizzly weather to go to the show. Today is supposed to be better weather for the event.

Me, I’m going over to my son’s place to finish cutting up his big pile of logs. Next comes the splitting and stacking. Ugh.
2 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Sun May 15, 2022 10:20 am

Thanks all for the well wishes. Still under the weather here and stayed home from going to the granddaughters 3rd birthday with my wife. Just one of those things that one cant help. Another nice day here and a bike ride would be great. Sir Henry have a safe train ride to the left coast. Then a safe drive on the return to Wisconsin
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

cooperhawk
Drover
United States of America

Post by cooperhawk » Sun May 15, 2022 11:57 am

I had to go for prescriptions so I stopped at Mickey Ds and got the big breakfast.
Scrambled eggs, sausage, hash browns and coffee. It came with a buttered roll with strawberry
jelly. I brought it home and ate it here.

It wasn't too bad for someone in a hurry. :)
0 x
Retired FAA Air Traffic Control Supervisor
VFW (Life Member), VVA (Life Member)
Legion (Life Member), NRA (Life Member)
U S Army Aviation 64-67, Vietnam MACV 65-66

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sun May 15, 2022 3:00 pm

BigAl52 wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 10:20 am
Thanks all for the well wishes. Still under the weather here and stayed home from going to the granddaughters 3rd birthday with my wife. Just one of those things that one cant help. Another nice day here and a bike ride would be great. Sir Henry have a safe train ride to the left coast. Then a safe drive on the return to Wisconsin
Thanks Al. I’ll take longer to return than last time. Hope you and the others gets feeling better. Seems like we have more sick than normal right now.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Sun May 15, 2022 4:12 pm

Sir Henry wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 3:00 pm
BigAl52 wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 10:20 am
Thanks Al. I’ll take longer to return than last time. Hope you and the others gets feeling better. Seems like we have more sick than normal right now.
When I was having to go back and forth to Harborview I usually took the train when I was not able to drive. Very comfortable trip, unfortunately it was mostly during late Winter and early Spring and since the train left Wenatchee at 5AM and left Edmonds at 5PM. it was usually dark on my side of the mountains so couldn't see much. One time the train was very late getting to Wenatchee so I was able to see a lot of scenery you don't see driving.

I see where Wisconsin to Seattle is a 42 hour trip so you will be seeing a lot of nice scenery.
0 x

cooperhawk
Drover
United States of America

Post by cooperhawk » Mon May 16, 2022 7:57 am

Partly Cloudy 52°F 11°C
Humidity 72%
Wind Speed W 3 mph
Folgers, cookies.
Another nice day supposed to be in the 70s with clear skies.
Yard work today. I need to power wash some stuff and get it painted.
Carol is up and around a bit, although she's still pretty sick. I think the medicine is working.
I must say that it gets lonely with Covid in the home. No one, and I mean not one is visiting.
1 x
Retired FAA Air Traffic Control Supervisor
VFW (Life Member), VVA (Life Member)
Legion (Life Member), NRA (Life Member)
U S Army Aviation 64-67, Vietnam MACV 65-66

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Mon May 16, 2022 8:57 am

Nice to hear Carol is up and taking the meds. I feel a little better and Im going to try some yard work today also and see how it goes. 80’s here today
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55