Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Our Morning Coffee and Weather

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Re: Our Morning Coffee and Weather

Post by BigAl52 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:39 pm

cooperhawk wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:12 pm
BigAl52 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:06 pm
Is that motorhome comin to Texas next year?
Not sure. Usually every third year we go to Florida to see Carol's family. She has two brothers and a sister there.
She hasn't told me yet.
I really like Texas the best though. My friend who is usually camped at Aransas Pass has suffered a stroke and the
last two years they have entertained us in Sunrise Beach at their house. He is partially recovered but cannot drive
anymore.
Tell Carol you have family in Texas you need to go see. Bring the shotgun to will go bust some clays. We shoot 22 also
2 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

brm4450
Drover
United States of America

Post by brm4450 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:43 pm

IMG_6559.jpeg
IMG_6559.jpeg (155.37 KiB) Viewed 118 times

One of the granddaughter’s birthday today, made her an angel food cake with fresh strawberries. She’s on the fourth grade girl’s basketball team. She is one of the shorter girls on the team but they think she is the scrappiest so they call her the gremlin. They made her a t-shirt called the Gremlin Mode.
6 x
H012C, 2 H004V, H001TMER, H004SV, H001TV, H001TLB, H003T, H005MG, H001V, H001TLP, Rossi Ranch Hand, Uberti 1860, Ubérti 1866 Goldenboy
"when you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk" Tuco

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:13 am

Good morning, well the Lord seen fit to let me wake up again this AM.
It's 67 outside with an 11 mph breeze out of the south with a predicted high of around 81.

RP
0 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

HenryFan
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by HenryFan » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:29 am

The weather guesser on local TV says my part of South Carolina may see 91F or so this afternoon. They are already giving advice on how to avoid heat problems. In mid-April. Well, think of the money we save on snow shovels and snow blowers.
0 x

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:37 am

Holy cow, winter has returned. It’s 28 on my thermometer here at home and the official Deer Park current temp is 22. Nuts. But along with these cold temps we get to enjoy sunshine. Originally we were leaving for camp tomorrow but postponed a couple of days because we saw these temps coming.

Leaving here shortly to take my neighbors to the airport in Spokane. They are heading to England for a couple of months. Sucks to be them :lol: .
0 x

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:40 am

cooperhawk wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:50 pm
Hatchdog wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:34 am
We had planned to head up to shooting camp on Thursday but as the lows up there are expected to be in the mid 20’s until Saturday we delayed our departure until Saturday. Those 20’s would burn up our limited propane supply for the furnace quickly. We do have a heat pump that runs off ac but it’s very loud.
We've camped in the 20s many times and your heat pump won't work well below 40 degrees or so. We always carry a small electric radiant heater with us wherever we go. It does have a fan and will put out a lot of heat and save a lot of propane.
Course you need electric hook ups or run your genset.
Thanks on the info about the heat pump not working well below 40. I thought about bringing a portable electric heater along but decided not to. Two dogs with one being a puppy might be a problem and thankfully starting Saturday night the temps become more normal for this time of the year with lows in the 30’s not the 20’s.
0 x

cooperhawk
Drover
United States of America

Post by cooperhawk » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:08 am

Overcast, 45°F, Humidity 100%
Wind Speed W 18 G 24 mph
Barometer 29.51 in
Dewpoint 45°F
Visibility 10.00 mi
Cloudy, with a high near 56.
Breezy, with a west northwest wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
Showers and thunderstorms likely before 11am, then a slight chance of showers between 11am and 1pm.
Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
April showers will bring May flowers but it sure is gloomy today.
0 x
Retired FAA Air Traffic Control Supervisor
VFW (Life Member), VVA (Life Member)
Legion (Life Member), NRA (Life Member)
U S Army Aviation 64-67, Vietnam MACV 65-66

Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Post by Shakey Jake » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:45 pm

It was a muggy and misty 74° this morning on the dog walk. My oldest son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter came in from Omaha last night. Their flight was supposed to have arrived in Houston Hobby at about 5:30 but unfortunately, a bird got sucked up into one of the engines. They had to deplane and wait for mechanics and engineer's to inspect it before they could resume. The got in about 2:00 this morning.
Attachments
Ellie.jpg
Ellie.jpg (141.05 KiB) Viewed 84 times
3 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:35 pm

now she's a little doll .. :D

not so pretty morning with really nice 81 degree temp .... after breakfast we went over to a local city park and walked something over a half mile .... took Maureen's pup with us which has to desire to walk in anything vaguely resembling a orderly pace in pretty much a straight pace .... after getting back home I worked on reorganizing the camper's basement .... yep, I've mentioned doing that several times in the not too distance past .... I'll probably end up doing it over and over until we get on the road to South Dakota
0 x

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:05 am

Enjoy the family time Jake.
Good morning, and another fine morning it is here, 67 and calm, going up to around 82.
Today will be my Fri. ;) as the business partner is headed up to Louisville for the weekend.
They leaving mid. morning tomorrow.

RP
0 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012