Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Our Morning Coffee and Weather

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Re: Our Morning Coffee and Weather

Post by markiver54 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:40 pm

dave77 wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:50 pm
Hatchdog wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:35 am
[Happy the cold front didn’t get to you Dave. The weatherman told me this morning that the front is going to exit our area sooner than thought. Good for me and you but the weather guy also said that poor ole’ Coop, Sir Henry, NCG and all others living in the upper mid west will continue to suffer.

Woke up to minus 6 but it’s now up to a balmy minus 4. Should see 19 later and then a gradual warm up to highs above freezing by the end of the week.

Heading out shortly for eye doc appointments then back home to keep the fire going.
Got down to 12 last night and now at just after noon it's up to 25. Prediction is for a little bit warmer the next few days and up to 39 by Friday and low/mid 40's for the weekend.

Going to have some breakfast and then I get to call my glucose monitor sensor supplier and argue with them about why they are saying I owe them over $200 when I see they haven't even billed Medicare yet. Went through almost the same thing with them last year about them trying to charge me for both my Medicare and my supplemental insurance deductibles. They finally got a rep from my supplemental insurance on the line with us and he finally convinced them they couldn't charge me for their whole $200 deductible when they only paid around $40 after Medicare's payment. Luckily I'm going to a new brand of sensors and a new supplier when I run out of the sensors I have although I'm not going to tell them that until I get the $200 charge deleted.

They had also told me Medicare and my new Advantage insurance would not pay for a new receiver and they would have to charge me $1000 for it. The new supplier has already got approval for it paid in full by both insurances as soon as I run out of the sensors I have. On top of that I've seen the receiver for sale online for $279.
:shock: :roll: :roll:
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

brm4450
Drover
United States of America

Post by brm4450 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:42 pm

Al
We heat with natural gas, when we first moved here we heated with oil. After a few years they ran natural gas lines all through town and by that time we needed a new furnace so we changed to natural gas.
0 x
H012C, 2 H004V, H001TMER, H004SV, H001TV, H001TLB, H003T, H005MG, H001V, H001TLP, Rossi Ranch Hand, Uberti 1860, Ubérti 1866 Goldenboy
"when you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk" Tuco

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:49 pm

brm4450 wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:42 pm
Al
We heat with natural gas, when we first moved here we heated with oil. After a few years they ran natural gas lines all through town and by that time we needed a new furnace so we changed to natural gas.
Just curious. Last year while we were in Texas our thermostat was set at 65 while we were away. This year its set a little lower at 63. Our gas bill last year at its highest was 98.00. this year last month our gas bill last month was 172.00. Im thinkin I know who to thank for that.
3 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Ozarkwoodswalker
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Ozarkwoodswalker » Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:38 am

Another cold day... about an inch plus of sleet on the ground. Not a nice morning outside. 19 degrees.
I will wait until i see traffic passing by before i venture out to feed the stock every where..
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:37 am

Hatchdog wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:35 am
dave77 wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:30 pm
Hatchdog wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:08 pm
The big chill is here, woke up to 5 above and it’s up to 8 now. Should see 21 later and it’s a bright sunny day out there. Winds are light now but it was blowing pretty good yesterday making for below zero wind chills.

No plans to go outside today other than maybe up to the LGS in Deer Park. Washington State is trying to put an “assault” weapon ban in place and so far it has passed out of committee on party lines. If this happens in the general legislature it will become law. So my wife is pestering me to pick up another semi-auto before this happens. I’m good on .223/5.56 so I’m thinking about a 300 Blackout or maybe a PCC in 9mm.
I guess I'm a little further from the cold front, 31 right now and only got down to 22 last night. Supposed to be colder the next few days and then warm up some.

I'm thinking I may pick up a .22 semi-auto, probably a Ruger 10-22. I don't think it's on the banned list but who really knows for sure?? Also the bill is a emergency bill so it goes into affect as soon as Insley signs it.
Happy the cold front didn’t get to you Dave. The weatherman told me this morning that the front is going to exit our area sooner than thought. Good for me and you but the weather guy also said that poor ole’ Coop, Sir Henry, NCG and all others living in the upper mid west will continue to suffer.

Woke up to minus 6 but it’s now up to a balmy minus 4. Should see 19 later and then a gradual warm up to highs above freezing by the end of the week.

Heading out shortly for eye doc appointments then back home to keep the fire going.
-22F when I woke up this morning. With the wind chill it’s -30F. Coffee is 165F.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Mike_S
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Mike_S » Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:06 am

48 degrees and very foggy. Good morning for a coffee at the window!
0 x
Semper Fidelis.
Mike
H012MX

cooperhawk
Drover
United States of America

Post by cooperhawk » Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:15 am

-11°F, Sunny, with a high near 8. Wind chill values as low as -30.
West southwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
Humidity 70%, Barometer 30.27 in
The weather gods must not like you Gene. You're always a lot colder than we are here. :o
Not much on tap. I need to create an inventory what's in our safe, so I guess I'll start on that.
1 x
Retired FAA Air Traffic Control Supervisor
VFW (Life Member), VVA (Life Member)
Legion (Life Member), NRA (Life Member)
U S Army Aviation 64-67, Vietnam MACV 65-66

brm4450
Drover
United States of America

Post by brm4450 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:21 am

Sunny here today: a low of -6 with a high of 17; currently-6. A little gun work today and not much else. Everyone have a great day! 🇺🇸
0 x
H012C, 2 H004V, H001TMER, H004SV, H001TV, H001TLB, H003T, H005MG, H001V, H001TLP, Rossi Ranch Hand, Uberti 1860, Ubérti 1866 Goldenboy
"when you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk" Tuco

cooperhawk
Drover
United States of America

Post by cooperhawk » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:32 am

Carol and I live in a big house. It used to house all of our children who have now moved on raising families of their own, so we have all this space to ourselves now. We're deep in the woods with a half mile drive to the mailbox on a small primitive lake. We love it. She has her office right at home and I have the entire lower floor to myself, well along with the furnace, washer, dryer, ect. But the majority of the basement is finished and there is a nice large bedroom, bath, and my man cave area that used to be the children's game room.

So I'm sipping coffee and rambling, anyway as I was making the coffee I looked out the front and saw deer wandering through in the snow, to the north of the house there are turkeys in the trees roosting, and out back turkeys are sitting on my fence and bird feeding station waiting for me to bring out the goodies. They're starving. We have a lot of deep snow with layers of thick ice. They cannot get down their regular food, so the folks around the lake are al feeding them.

I am reminded of a book I once read. "A Sand County Almanac". If you can find it, it's a good read.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/210 ... ty_Almanac
1 x
Retired FAA Air Traffic Control Supervisor
VFW (Life Member), VVA (Life Member)
Legion (Life Member), NRA (Life Member)
U S Army Aviation 64-67, Vietnam MACV 65-66

Mike_S
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Mike_S » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:48 am

cooperhawk wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:32 am
So I'm sipping coffee and rambling, anyway as I was making the coffee I looked out the front and saw deer wandering through in the snow, to the north of the house there are turkeys in the trees roosting, and out back turkeys are sitting on my fence and bird feeding station waiting for me to bring out the goodies. They're starving. We have a lot of deep snow with layers of thick ice. They cannot get down their regular food, so the folks around the lake are al feeding them.

I am reminded of a book I once read. "A Sand County Almanac". If you can find it, it's a good read.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/210 ... ty_Almanac
Sounds like a right nice way to start the day!

Birds here are a bit hungry - need to make a Tractor Supply run for a couple bags of Black Oil SF seed.
1 x
Semper Fidelis.
Mike
H012MX