Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Our Morning Coffee and Weather

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Re: Our Morning Coffee and Weather

Post by RanchRoper » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:18 am

-40 wind chill this morning. No shooting today.
2 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:34 am

Naw, Jim I couldn't. I like a little butter and some syrup.
And most of the time I'll have an egg fried over easy on Top. ;)
But never dry. :D

RP
1 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:08 pm

The big chill is here, woke up to 5 above and it’s up to 8 now. Should see 21 later and it’s a bright sunny day out there. Winds are light now but it was blowing pretty good yesterday making for below zero wind chills.

No plans to go outside today other than maybe up to the LGS in Deer Park. Washington State is trying to put an “assault” weapon ban in place and so far it has passed out of committee on party lines. If this happens in the general legislature it will become law. So my wife is pestering me to pick up another semi-auto before this happens. I’m good on .223/5.56 so I’m thinking about a 300 Blackout or maybe a PCC in 9mm.
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:24 pm

Chill is here too though not as severe further east. This morning 29, sunny and windy. Predicted to hit 20 tonight.
First breakfast: Tea, honey on toast and yogurt cup.
2nd breakfast: Scrambled egg, hash browns, lemon scones and coffee.
edit: added bacon.
Last edited by Mags on Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

cooperhawk
Drover
United States of America

Post by cooperhawk » Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:52 pm

Driving to church this morning it was ten below but the wind was light.
Came home and had biscuits and gravy with scrambled eggs. It's up to four above now.
Family and friends are coming out this afternoon for a bon fire. I just came in from moving some
snow and ice back a ways so we can get closer. I got the old snow plow out to do it. I've got a pile of
brush, leaves, and old lumber to burn. It should make a hot fire.
Us Minnesoootans embrace Winter. If you just sit in the house all season you'll never feel right. Fresh air
is the cure even if it is cold.
1 x
Retired FAA Air Traffic Control Supervisor
VFW (Life Member), VVA (Life Member)
Legion (Life Member), NRA (Life Member)
U S Army Aviation 64-67, Vietnam MACV 65-66

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:14 pm

cooperhawk wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:52 pm
... Fresh air is the cure even if it is cold.
Love a good deep breath of cold crisp air. So refreshing!
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:30 pm

Hatchdog wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:08 pm
The big chill is here, woke up to 5 above and it’s up to 8 now. Should see 21 later and it’s a bright sunny day out there. Winds are light now but it was blowing pretty good yesterday making for below zero wind chills.

No plans to go outside today other than maybe up to the LGS in Deer Park. Washington State is trying to put an “assault” weapon ban in place and so far it has passed out of committee on party lines. If this happens in the general legislature it will become law. So my wife is pestering me to pick up another semi-auto before this happens. I’m good on .223/5.56 so I’m thinking about a 300 Blackout or maybe a PCC in 9mm.
I guess I'm a little further from the cold front, 31 right now and only got down to 22 last night. Supposed to be colder the next few days and then warm up some.

I'm thinking I may pick up a .22 semi-auto, probably a Ruger 10-22. I don't think it's on the banned list but who really knows for sure?? Also the bill is a emergency bill so it goes into affect as soon as Insley signs it.
0 x

brm4450
Drover
United States of America

Post by brm4450 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:38 pm

Partly cloudy skies today: The low is -12 and a high of 4; it is currently 3, wind chill is -15. Not much today, mass, brunch and visit with the Danes. Everyone have a great day! 🇺🇸
0 x
H012C, 2 H004V, H001TMER, H004SV, H001TV, H001TLB, H003T, H005MG, H001V, H001TLP, Rossi Ranch Hand, Uberti 1860, Ubérti 1866 Goldenboy
"when you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk" Tuco

Ozarkwoodswalker
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Ozarkwoodswalker » Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:29 am

Im glad folks enjoy the cold and forge ahead... while i continue with the forge ahead part, i dont like the cold! But then, im hard to please. (i dont like the hot either.)... i will admit with the cold a good part of the time you can dress up enough to be reasonably comfortable when you are out moving about, where with the hot, (when its really hot), you cant be good out doing stuff. Heck, even if you were a crazy nudist, when its really hot, i think you would still be swelltered if you were out trying to do stuff. The only escape would be a shade tree , a breeze ,and little or no movement on your part..... so to my way of thinking either extreme is a hinderance to comfort,( and my days projects). So today, since its cold, i put on the big coveralls and forge on ahead. (And am i thankful for the inventer of coveralls! ) And for a good cup of HOT coffee!!! Have a good day folks , whatever you opinion of the cold be.
1 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:37 am

-12F and a wind chill of -22F. I’m taking a neighbor to a doctors appointment or I would stay home.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater