Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Gun Prices

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Gun Prices

Post by GFK » Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:31 am

Found this helpful in getting an idea of what firearms are selling for: https://truegunvalue.com/
0 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

cooperhawk
Drover
United States of America

Post by cooperhawk » Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:02 am

GFK wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:31 am
Found this helpful in getting an idea of what firearms are selling for: https://truegunvalue.com/
I am finding that very helpful. None of my children are interested in firearms so as I am getting older I see
the need to start disposing of some of them. Thanks.
1 x
Retired FAA Air Traffic Control Supervisor
VFW (Life Member), VVA (Life Member)
Legion (Life Member), NRA (Life Member)
U S Army Aviation 64-67, Vietnam MACV 65-66

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:09 am

Good link GFK. Thank you.
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:30 am

I recently attended a gun show here in Texas. I passed by a table that had 4 Ruger Single Six 3 screws and several other Single Sixes 2 of them with the mag cyl. One of them was a 200yr model. He wanted 600 for the 3 screws and the 200 yr model. I think he was a little less of the other one with the mag cyl. One of the 3 scews looked like it hadnt been shot to much. The others were in good condition. He also didnt charge tax and was not charging for paperwork. I was tempted but passed.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:30 pm

I can understand. Sometimes, it can be hard passing up a firearm. The newer revolvers are probably more the newer pistols due to having more metal also. Metal probably will last longer. That’s probably why some revolvers (and rifles) last for decades, which is probably why it was hard for me to pass by a King Cobra, even if it has to take a trip back to the manufacturer, which it probably will.

I was at a the LGS yesterday where I put one on lay-a-way. I was rotating the cylinder and noticed that it was not locking tight. I don’t know how I missed it before. Anyway, the owner agreed to send it back to Colt, don’t seem like a good way to start off with a new firearm. But if it shoots well, I will not complain. None of us are promised tomorrow. So, I try and enjoy what I can while I can, without being foolish. Plus, Colt’s customer service seem friendly. Yet, I hope not to have to use it.
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:38 pm

GFK wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:30 pm
I can understand. Sometimes, it can be hard passing up a firearm. The newer revolvers are probably more the newer pistols due to having more metal also. Metal probably will last longer. That’s probably why some revolvers (and rifles) last for decades, which is probably why it was hard for me to pass by a King Cobra, even if it has to take a trip back to the manufacturer, which it probably will.

I was at a the LGS yesterday where I put one on lay-a-way. I was rotating the cylinder and noticed that it was not locking tight. I don’t know how I missed it before. Anyway, the owner agreed to send it back to Colt, don’t seem like a good way to start off with a new firearm. But if it shoots well, I will not complain. None of us are promised tomorrow. So, I try and enjoy what I can while I can, without being foolish. Plus, Colt’s customer service seem friendly. Yet, I hope not to have to use it.
Congrats GFK what barrel length did you go with? Ive been eyeing a Ruger GP 100 6 shot and a Smith 686 6 shot. The Ruger is a little cheaper. But havent decided yet. There is another gun show here the 25th and Im going again with one of the other guys in the park here.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

navvet8189
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by navvet8189 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:07 pm

BigAl52 wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:13 am
Anyone besides me shaking their head at what gun prices have done the last couple years? Are you still buying any and if so what are you looking at? Semi Auto prices are now cheaper than most revolvers. Ive been looking at 686 and Ruger Redhawk 357 prices. Rugers are over the 1K mark and the Smiths are right at 1K. Some of the new semi autos like SAR have great reviews and are compared to CZ which I happen to like very much. I really prefer shooting a revolver because of the brass in the hand thing for reloading. But shooting 9mm now is pretty attractive as prices of 9mm have come down again to affordable point.
I really enjoy shooting 9mm and the price is part of what makes it fun to shoot. I recently bought the Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm 2.0 and liked it so much I picked up the M&P Shield to carry. I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on the new Henry carbine recently released.
0 x
H003T, H001M, H012G, H014-65, H027-H9G

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:19 pm

Glad you like the M&P the newer ones have better triggers on them than the older ones did. I have an older 40 that I didnt pay much for used and mainly use it for self defense. 9mm is almost back to where it was pre covid. You can buy it about as cheap as you can load for it if you shop around. If you ever get the chance put a CZ 75 in your hand and shoot it.
1 x

H001T .22LR
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:49 pm

BigAl52 wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:38 pm
GFK wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:30 pm

Congrats GFK what barrel length did you go with? Ive been eyeing a Ruger GP 100 6 shot and a Smith 686 6 shot. The Ruger is a little cheaper. But havent decided yet. There is another gun show here the 25th and Im going again with one of the other guys in the park here.
BigAl, Thanks! I am getting the 2". It is considerd a carry (https://grabagun.com/firearms/handguns/ ... sa-da.html). I was looking at a Ruger SP101 or S&W Model 60 for my wife, a while back. But, she wanted something lighter. So, I went with an S&W Model 360. Now, she has went and got something of her own. She is getting a used Ruger LCR .38 Special +P. I think she like the idea of the hammer being bobbed, which is fine with me. I often told her that the 360 was just a loaner anyway. And, she should get something of her own.

So far, I have been a fan of Smith and Wesson. I think that it is a style thing, seems more traditional. I was not in the market for another handgun. The trigger on the Colt just felt smooth. And, it did not look bad either. So, I thought that I might give it a try. I was not in the market last year as well, when I picked up an EC9s. The trigger on it felt nice also. Plus, I liked the color. I think going into LGSs can be expensive. My wife tells me that I have an expensive hobby. Yet, I receive gifts for my firearms from her on Christmas. I guess she must not mind the hobby too much.
Last edited by GFK on Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
2 x

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:16 pm

BigAl, Which has the better trigger? GP100? Or, 686?
0 x