Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Gun Prices

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Gun Prices

Post by BigAl52 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:13 am

Anyone besides me shaking their head at what gun prices have done the last couple years? Are you still buying any and if so what are you looking at? Semi Auto prices are now cheaper than most revolvers. Ive been looking at 686 and Ruger Redhawk 357 prices. Rugers are over the 1K mark and the Smiths are right at 1K. Some of the new semi autos like SAR have great reviews and are compared to CZ which I happen to like very much. I really prefer shooting a revolver because of the brass in the hand thing for reloading. But shooting 9mm now is pretty attractive as prices of 9mm have come down again to affordable point.
3 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Gun Prices

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:27 am

I have bought several in the last couple years. Four I bought from a friend at friend prices so those don't count. :) But, I bought a Ruger American Ranch Rifle in 556 and the Uberti Birdshead Single Action 357 from a large shop in OKC. They buy in bulk so they can sell at fair prices. They even sold ammo at comparatively reasonable prices. Just this year we also picked up a Kimber Micro 9 for Miss Tina and one of the new Ruger Wranglers from a smaller local shop here in S. Central OK. Their prices are more than fair. Their policy is to sell reasonable in hopes of making customers for life rather than try and make a one time sale.

On the flip side, when I was Looking for the Bolt gun, I shopped in the various gun shops up and down the highways in the area, between here and OKC and here and the Texas border while making my various trips to the VA Hospital and trips to my daughter's at the border. I saw prices for used guns higher than the guns cost new, and new guns at 150% markup with the shop owners saying, "Stock is too hard to come by these days." or "You just can't get these nowdays." I just let them keep them. I'm sure they sold them rather quickly. New ones and the used ones.

A lot of those shops were also marking up OLD stock, magazines, slings, gun cases, cleaning kits, everything they had... and making the same excuses.
:evil:
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:39 am

I was able to get a Henry Ax for a big discount because no one had ammo for it. I usually will try to get good deals. That where I got the 410. It was during an ammo shortage and 410 was the only think on the shelves and everyone had it. Back a few shortages I bought .22 shorts because no one wanted them.

I’m currently buying 308 because it’s available. When the Henry Long Ranger gets in stock I’ll buy one and already have a ton of ammo. I’m buying all hunting loads.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:48 am

BrokenolMarine wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:27 am
I have bought several in the last couple years. Four I bought from a friend at friend prices so those don't count. :) But, I bought a Ruger American Ranch Rifle in 556 and the Uberti Birdshead Single Action 357 from a large shop in OKC. They buy in bulk so they can sell at fair prices. They even sold ammo at comparatively reasonable prices. Just this year we also picked up a Kimber Micro 9 for Miss Tina and one of the new Ruger Wranglers from a smaller local shop here in S. Central OK. Their prices are more than fair. Their policy is to sell reasonable in hopes of making customers for life rather than try and make a one time sale.

On the flip side, when I was Looking for the Bolt gun, I shopped in the various gun shops up and down the highways in the area, between here and OKC and here and the Texas border while making my various trips to the VA Hospital and trips to my daughter's at the border. I saw prices for used guns higher than the guns cost new, and new guns at 150% markup with the shop owners saying, "Stock is too hard to come by these days." or "You just can't get these nowdays." I just let them keep them. I'm sure they sold them rather quickly. New ones and the used ones.

A lot of those shops were also marking up OLD stock, magazines, slings, gun cases, cleaning kits, everything they had... and making the same excuses.
:evil:
Have you shot the Wrangler much Marine? Ruger has now come out with 6 and 7.5 inch barrels. Ive thought about one in the 6 inch model but I did a little youtubing on the 4 inch model and the accuracy of those wasnt all that great
2 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:49 am

And to think, when I bought my 6" 686 it was about $350.00. Yes, I've noticed the current high prices. I sense that revolvers are making a big comeback. The market is saturated with semi-autos.
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:00 pm

markiver54 wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:49 am
And to think, when I bought my 6" 686 it was about $350.00. Yes, I've noticed the current high prices. I sense that revolvers are making a big comeback. The market is saturated with semi-autos.
My interest in levers and wheels began when I saw semi’s being governed more and think levers and wheels will be legal longer.
3 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:04 pm

Sir Henry wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:00 pm
markiver54 wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:49 am
My interest in levers and wheels began when I saw semi’s being governed more and think levers and wheels will be legal longer.
I think one can bet on that!
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:08 pm

I've heard reports about what they say has been a steady uptick in prices .... not being in the market to purchase any type of firearm, I haven't looked .... from what I hear, that's a good thing ;)
1 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:12 pm

Sir Henry wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:39 am
I was able to get a Henry Ax for a big discount because no one had ammo for it. I usually will try to get good deals. That where I got the 410. It was during an ammo shortage and 410 was the only think on the shelves and everyone had it. Back a few shortages I bought .22 shorts because no one wanted them.

I’m currently buying 308 because it’s available. When the Henry Long Ranger gets in stock I’ll buy one and already have a ton of ammo. I’m buying all hunting loads.
Gene if you see any Barnes TTSX 308 those have always shot well for me in my hunting rifle. They are on the pricey side but I had to work real hard to find a reload that would out shoot them. When I did it was using one of their bullets.
1 x

H001T .22LR
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:16 pm

Since a kid always had an interest in levers and wheels. I suppose I got that from watching Gunsmoke, Maverick and other TV westerns. I bought my first lever (30-30) a few years ago on a happenstance trip to the gun store. My son and father in law were there to buy ARs. I was along for company. I was at the other end of the gun desk browsing levers when I spotted this gorgeous brass 30-30. I paid under $800 for it. Today's price check, it's just under $1000.
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234