Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Baldwin charges

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Re: Baldwin charges

Post by markiver54 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:42 pm

RanchRoper wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:47 pm
If it’s in my hand, I alone am responsible for it. Period.

Hope they throw away the key.
EXACTLY!!!...The last one to handle the gun has the ultimate responsibility. Baldwin has proven to be a loose cannon in the past. A mother and wife are no longer with us.
3 x
I'm your Huckleberry

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:49 pm

Vaquero wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:28 pm
Involuntary manslaughter is the lightest thing he could be charge with. Not only did somebody die, someone else was injured. Only because he’s an arrogant liberal Hollywood untouchable pig did he not also get charged with aggravated assault, assault with a deadly weapon, reckless endangerment, etc or a whole host of other charges the rest of us would get heaped on us. Charging the armorers is making them scapegoats and proving it really wasn’t Baldwin’s fault.

RP
Don’t beat around the bush, tell us what you really think. :)
4 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:33 pm

RanchRoper wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:49 pm
Vaquero wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:28 pm
Involuntary manslaughter is the lightest thing he could be charge with. Not only did somebody die, someone else was injured. Only because he’s an arrogant liberal Hollywood untouchable pig did he not also get charged with aggravated assault, assault with a deadly weapon, reckless endangerment, etc or a whole host of other charges the rest of us would get heaped on us. Charging the armorers is making them scapegoats and proving it really wasn’t Baldwin’s fault.

RP
Don’t beat around the bush, tell us what you really think. :)
That's about all I can say and stay in the good graces of this forum. ;)

RP
6 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

Ratchet
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Ratchet » Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:19 pm

In case anyone missed this before,
Attachments
32CA5F12-F298-44FA-884E-D0DE07873789.jpeg
32CA5F12-F298-44FA-884E-D0DE07873789.jpeg (138.4 KiB) Viewed 154 times
2 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:28 pm

Cofisher wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:05 pm
... Basic firearm safety ignored all along. Sad story.
Agree. Alec has been in many movies where there were firearms used. He is no stranger to proper basic gun safety.
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:25 pm

FB_IMG_1674257006673.jpg
FB_IMG_1674257006673.jpg (45.35 KiB) Viewed 147 times

RP
3 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Post by clovishound » Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:23 am

Well, I think the charging the armorer was appropriate as well. I don't know about who is more culpable, but it was her responsibility to ensure that the weapon was in a safe condition, and handled safely. There were some mitigating factors, such as she asked for and was denied the opportunity to provide training to those handling weapons on the set. She was also tasked with other duties that interfered with her duties as armorer. In the end, she was in charge of the safe handling of guns on set, and handed a loaded weapon to someone to be used. An experienced armorer was offered the job, earlier on, and turned it down because he was extremely uncomfortable with the situation he saw on the production. If the stories of people using the gun for target shooting on set were true then both the armorer and Baldwin, as a producer, had a responsibility to stop live ammo to be brought on set, and unauthorized individuals handling the gun.

Having said all that, this does not absolve Baldwin of his responsibility as the one holding the gun when the fatal incident occurred. In addition, lying about pulling the trigger only made things worse IMO.
3 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:18 pm

From all I've read, Baldwin's conduct before, during, and after the shooting pointed at his irresponsibility. He was only concerned about the cost of production on the set and was always trying to shave costs.

He refused to follow industry guidelines for the Safe Handling of weapons on set and the original more experienced teams quit.

He refused the Pre-shot safety briefings that were normally conducted on normal sets to save time (money). Both the initial introductory training and the daily pre-shot walk thru briefs meant to avoid accidents and injuries. He also refused the normal industry standard safety procedures. (Each and every person who handles each weapon checks it, every time.) If you checked it at the start of the shoot and take a break, and it leaves your custody, you check it again when you retrieve it, before you start working the set. Go to lunch, go get coffee, go to the bathroom, you follow the protocols.
But that takes time, and time is ... money.

He cut staffing to the bone to save... Money.

It will be interesting to see if his money and politics save him.

As far as the armorer goes, she made mistakes, but she also tried to follow protocols but was shot down time and again by ... someone. Money...
If she was to be charged, I don't think it should have been on the same level as he was, but then none of us have seen ALL the evidence the prosecutor has seen.
4 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.