Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Now what...

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Re: Now what...

Post by markiver54 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:09 pm

My brother suffers from a paranoid neighbor with a big bright street light also. It keeps him awake. I feel safer without one. Then they can't see where I am either.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:12 pm

I took out all the big yard lights around our place. From the road you can’t see our buildings at all at night. Anybody comes in they’ll need lights and I’ll see them. After that, the brave ones can come up front and we’ll all go together… :)
1 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

cooperhawk
Drover
United States of America

Post by cooperhawk » Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:01 pm

I'm an old country boy and I like it lit up at night. Then I can see them sneaking varmints and
eliminate the threat early. Yup, I have fuel tanks that are pretty tempting for them and I keep
them lit up. The neighbors don't mind, but they're far enough away so it's not a problem.👀
1 x
Retired FAA Air Traffic Control Supervisor
VFW (Life Member), VVA (Life Member)
Legion (Life Member), NRA (Life Member)
U S Army Aviation 64-67, Vietnam MACV 65-66

Ernie
Drover
United States of America

Post by Ernie » Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:54 pm

Motion lights on the shop, shed, back door and solar motion lights around the house. I can tell where someone is or are heading. I am rural on a dead end road. Had two attempted home invasions at both of my next door neighbors 3 months apart and both chased off by the neighbor across the street. That was 4 years ago and a break-in at the end of the street 9 months ago. I now lock the doors and windows when I leave the house even to mow the out lot. Car is always locked as there is a record number of car break-ins day and night both. Never thought it would get this way around here.
1 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:55 pm

I like evening ambiance like amber lighting, candles and Tiki torches, seasonal of course. NOT lighthouse style beacons. Just me I guess.
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:16 pm

RanchRoper wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:12 pm
... you can’t see our buildings at all at night. Anybody comes in they’ll need lights and I’ll see them. …
Likewise. Or used to be. Without lights it's pitch dark and anybody out and about needs some form of light to watch their footing and then I'd see them. With the neighbors outdoor lights on all the time people wandering around draw less motion attention.

@mark, I feel safer without in the dark too. Then they can't see where I am either, but I have pretty good hearing, I'll know where they be at.
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Cowboy Gun Fan
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Cowboy Gun Fan » Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:17 pm

I had a copter so close to my house once that it made me uncomfortable enough to duck under my porch roof. Never found out who they were looking for. Was pretty weird. My neighbor had one so close that he could clearly see the pilot in it. He could had waved to him, lol. The law around here does not fool around, lucky to say.
0 x
NRA Member