Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Cold Weather Clothing

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Cold Weather Clothing

Post by Mags » Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:30 pm

markiver54 wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:15 pm
Mags wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:53 pm
Layers. Flannel long sleeve shirt, stocking cap, sweat shirt with a hood and barn coat.
Anywhere that required all that, is a place I wouldn't be. :lol:
I guess where there's a will, there is a way when following your passion.
I passionately, have grown to hate the cold.
When younger I was more immuned to the cold. So 'all that' here isn't really required for someone younger. I'm now older and I go to 'all that' when I need to go outside when it's in the 30's. Otherwise I stay in.
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:12 am

I agree with many of the others here in the thread. I did all the cold weather stuff in the Corps. I never cared for it. I avoid prolonged cold weather stuff these days. My UTV is climate controlled. :P

axle deep c.jpg
axle deep c.jpg (313.07 KiB) Viewed 212 times

Tina rolled her eyes when I was looking at it online before we moved out here to OK.... "Heat and AC?" :roll:
She fell in love with the heat in the winter making the twice daily trips to the barn, 4WD and heat... Yup. :lol:
2 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

Jdl447
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Jdl447 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:18 am

Striker Ice clothing.
0 x
When a clown moves into a palace, he doesn't become a king. The palace becomes a circus.

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Post by clovishound » Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:29 am

Around here winter clothing means a long sleeved shirt.

For the infrequent cold spells, a medium weight coat is appropriate, and perhaps a set of long underwear if I will be out hunting or taking pictures.

I do find the cold affects me more now than it did when I was younger. I remember jumping into water with temps in the 50s at the end of a day of diving to rinse off. By the time I reached my 60s, in the winter, if I didn't have a dry suit on, I didn't get in the water.
0 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:44 am

clovishound wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:29 am
Around here winter clothing means a long sleeved shirt.

For the infrequent cold spells, a medium weight coat is appropriate, and perhaps a set of long underwear if I will be out hunting or taking pictures.

I do find the cold affects me more now than it did when I was younger. I remember jumping into water with temps in the 50s at the end of a day of diving to rinse off. By the time I reached my 60s, in the winter, if I didn't have a dry suit on, I didn't get in the water.
I can remember sleeping in just a bivouac bag in sub-zero temperatures. Now I sleep on a heating pad. This getting old stuff isn’t for the young at heart

I’ve always liked the cold. Well until recently. I still like it but just for a few hours at a time. Going out for 10 days and camping high in the mountains is now only possible in my memories.
1 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:45 am

BrokenolMarine wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:12 am
I agree with many of the others here in the thread. I did all the cold weather stuff in the Corps. I never cared for it. I avoid prolonged cold weather stuff these days. My UTV is climate controlled. :P

axle deep c.jpg

Tina rolled her eyes when I was looking at it online before we moved out here to OK.... "Heat and AC?" :roll:
She fell in love with the heat in the winter making the twice daily trips to the barn, 4WD and heat... Yup. :lol:
I need something like that. I see them running up and down the county roads all the time.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:11 am

Would be perfect for where you live.
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:34 am

Sir Henry wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:45 am
BrokenolMarine wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:12 am

axle deep c.jpg

I need something like that. I see them running up and down the county roads all the time.
Our's has a winch on the front, which we have never used to extricate ourselves, in spite of the places we've taken 'er. The 4wd and wheels and tires, plus ground clearance keeps her going. We have pulled a couple neighbors out of the ditch with it, and cleared storm debris from the culvert post flood.

The dump bed gets a regular workout hauling feed and grain, quickset to projects, and we run the fences in it so the trucks don't get beat up in the woodlines. :D

The newer Polaris Northstars have rolldown Windows, GPS/NAV, fancy stereos, etc as options. But every box you check drives the price up. They can get "De-eah" as my buddy in the Corps from up New England would say.. ;)
Last edited by BrokenolMarine on Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:37 am

I was layered in wool this morning in the tree stand. Tee shirt, thin merino wool sweater, wool shirt topped with a wool hunting coat with a hood. Wool socks, jeans with wool bibs over the jeans and insulated Muck boots. I was warm enough most of the morning. I prefer wool to most other materials for the outdoors.

For a UTV, we are looking at an Artic Cat.
1 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

graywolf
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by graywolf » Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:41 am

Looks like I’m further south than most of us on here. I agree with you about the cold being harder to take than in younger years. Glad I don’t have to work outside in it anymore. Living here though as I got older, I can bundle up in the winter, but I can’t handle the summers like I used to.
1 x