Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

If It Ain't Broke ....

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

If It Ain't Broke ....

Post by JEBar » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:40 am

we are well into one of those spells where "If It Ain't Broke That's Cause We Just Fixed It !!!" .... thankfully, such times usually pass but this one sure doesn't appear to be ready to do so .... it began in Estelline, SD in June when our camper's front AC failed .... we ordered a replacement from Amazon and found a fellow to install it .... out 2 month old Davy Crockett Smoker/Grill required so many replacement parts that Green Mountain decided to replace it .... thankfully, the replacement is doing fine .... the Pizza Oven designed to use in our Davy Crockett proved to be impossible to use .... after considerable pondering, I cut loose (pardon the pun) with our Dremel type tool and significantly modified the hood .... it now works OK .... on our way back home from South Dakota the engine cooling fan in our truck stopped working in Knoxville, TN .... getting it repaired on the way home proved to require a major delay in getting home .... so, in 90+ degree temps we had to run the truck cabin heater to lower the engine temps for over 400 miles .... the engine cooling fan has now been repaired .... during the first weekend outing with our camper after getting back home, the new front AC stopped blowing cold air .... the problem turned out to be minor, a sensor had vibrated loose during our cross country drive .... following having a high dollar mobile RV Tech come to our home, the sensor is back in place, the AC now once again works well .... during that same weekend outing our camper's water heater stopped working on electric .... thankfully, it still worked on propane .... during the same visit by the mobile tech, it was determined that relay and heating element have gone bad .... Amazon is scheduled to deliver them tomorrow and they will be installed next week .... while we were in South Dakota some paint popped off of the bottom of the inside, bottom passenger door of our 2016 Camaro .... the cause has been determined to be poor paint preparation which allowed corrosion .... no way that should have happened .... naturally, the warranty on such a problem has expired .... negotiations are underway .... sure hope this streak will come to an end soon
0 x

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: If It Ain't Broke ....

Post by daytime dave » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:44 am

Good luck with the negotiations Jim. Sounds like a persons normal luck culminating at once.
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:51 am

Funny (not) how these issues seem to come in waves. Hopefully your “wave” has crashed on the beach and is gone! :(
0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:01 am

Sound like a clear case of Murphys Law. Hope things take a turn in the other direction for you.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:03 am

good wishes appreciated .... I don't look for much help from GM but one never knows .... its been thoroughly examined by the owner of the body shop we use (which the Chevy dealership also uses) and there isn't a sign of any issue, anywhere else .... he says they simply didn't prep the door properly .... for us, the bright spot is, he says he will work with us to cut the cost if GM won't do anything
1 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:10 am

I really dread those kinds of problems. Good luck with GM.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Rifletom
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by Rifletom » Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:32 am

Dang Jim! Hope it turns out good in some way.
0 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:12 pm

I hate dealing with manufacturers. I bought the Dodge Charger I always wanted just before a major surgery, and while I recovered, had it modified the way I wanted. Powder coated the wheels, black grill installed, tinted the windows, got er all done by the time I was allowed to drive. Car was perfect, til the dash computer began to fail. Over and over. Dealer passed the buck, manufacturers response was, talk to dealer. Fourteen service calls in ten months. Traded the car in, got another truck. Never buy another Dodge / GM though.
1 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

Redthies
Cowboy
Canada

Post by Redthies » Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:35 pm

Hope your luck gets better! GM has had a ton of issues with their painting process for years now. My brother in law had the same issue as you are having with his 2011 3500HD. GM ended up having to repaint both sides of his truck front to back.

I build custom RVs for a living, and I’ll tell you straight up, parts/components are NOT made well any more. I installed 3 ACs this summer, and none were problem free.

We just bought a 2022 R-Pod to use for hunting and fishing trips in places where a $150,000 Airstream has no business going, and when we drove 5 hours to the dealer, the unit they had PDI’d had a major structural flaw. I pointed it out to the salesperson, then the young “warranty coordinator” came out with the service manager and told me “we are not concerned about that”. I laughed and said “that’s nice, but I AM”. So they had to give us $300 cash to cover fuel and prep another unit for us to come back for.
0 x
SGC .22 LR Stripped and oiled up
BBSC .357 w Skinner Express & Patridge
BBSC .44 Magnum with Skinners
Marlin 1895GS .45-70 w RPP Cloverleaf
Marlin 336BL .30-30 w Skinner LoPro 2 and Sig 2-7x
1912 Winchester 1894 .30 WCF

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:42 pm

Redthies wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:35 pm
Hope your luck gets better! GM has had a ton of issues with their painting process for years now. My brother in law had the same issue as you are having with his 2011 3500HD. GM ended up having to repaint both sides of his truck front to back.

I build custom RVs for a living, and I’ll tell you straight up, parts/components are NOT made well any more. I installed 3 ACs this summer, and none were problem free.

We just bought a 2022 R-Pod to use for hunting and fishing trips in places where a $150,000 Airstream has no business going, and when we drove 5 hours to the dealer, the unit they had PDI’d had a major structural flaw. I pointed it out to the salesperson, then the young “warranty coordinator” came out with the service manager and told me “we are not concerned about that”. I laughed and said “that’s nice, but I AM”. So they had to give us $300 cash to cover fuel and prep another unit for us to come back for.
Go figure. :roll: Good luck James... Interesting what you do. Are the RV's you build overlanders?
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry