Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

If It Ain't Broke ....

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Re: If It Ain't Broke ....

Post by Shakey Jake » Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:45 am

markiver54 wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:29 pm
Shakey Jake wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:18 pm
Even though it's almost fall it's still 90° right now at 7:15 p.m.
Jake
You will be glad that you went ahead and fixed it.
Yes sir! It was 2lbs low on freon so that tells me there is a slow leak over the 8 yrs we've had the unit or there's one not so small that just appeared. Hopefully it's the former. I'll probably go ahead and replace it in the spring if we can make it the rest of the way through the fall. 8 to 9 years is just about maximum lifespan for AC units in this area.
Jake
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:03 pm

UPDATE :

well, sometimes businesses still do the right thing .... as mentioned in post #1 in this thread, "while we were in South Dakota some paint popped off of the bottom of the inside, bottom passenger door of our 2016 Camaro .... the cause has been determined to be poor paint preparation which allowed corrosion .... no way that should have happened .... naturally, the warranty on such a problem has expired .... negotiations are underway" .... this afternoon I was contacted and told to call the body shop we use tomorrow and schedule out Camaro to come in to take care of the corrosion issue .... our dealership and GM will cover the entire cost .. 8-)
1 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:20 am

JEBar wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:40 am
during that same weekend outing our camper's water heater stopped working on electric .... thankfully, it still worked on propane .... during the same visit by the mobile tech, it was determined that relay and heating element have gone bad .... Amazon is scheduled to deliver them tomorrow and they will be installed next week

UPDATE :

well, the installed mentioned above in the opening post in this thread, hasn't happened .... a call from the wife of the RV Tech we trust to work on our camper alerted us that due to a medical emergency their business would be closed for the immediate future .... since then we've learned the details .... the tech and his wife got into a car to drive to the coast for the weekend .... he suddenly passed out, his wife had to cut off their vehicle to stop it .... they happened to be very close to a fire station .... help arrived quickly .... he had experienced a heart attach from which he "coded" .... thankfully, they were able to revive him .... the ambulance took him directly to a major hospital where he was taken directly into heart surgery .... a major artery had completely clogged .... the surgery was a success .... I spoke with him yesterday and he said he goes back to the surgeon today to find out how he's doing and when he can go back to work .... he says he feels the best he has in a while .... we hope and pray for the best and have told him what he has left to do on our camper is totally insignificant
1 x

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:55 am

Boy, you never know. I'm glad he is doing ok.
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:58 am

daytime dave wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:55 am
Boy, you never know. I'm glad he is doing ok.
Kinda scary...
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:41 pm

scary indeed
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:11 pm

UPDATE :

happy to report that I just got a call from friend mentioned above who I trust to work on our camper .... he's been cleared (with a few limitations) by his doctors to get back to work .... he plans to start this coming Monday and we will be his first customers .... we are delighted to learn he's doing really well
1 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:20 pm

the string continues ..... had to take our 'O5 Trailblazer to the shop .... yesterday while slowly working our way through a traffic backup caused by a 3 vehicle wreck, some gizmo that controls its idle under load decided to take a rest .... the engine RPM's would jump up and then bottom out .... during one swing the engine cut off .... managed to get it home and this morning we took it to a local garage .... he hopes to get to it tomorrow or Monday .... speaking of Monday, Maureen's 2016 Camaro goes back to a body shop to take care of a problem with the factory paint .... looks like our 2011 Chevy Silverado will be pretty much our only vehicle for at least a few days ....
0 x

Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Post by Shakey Jake » Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:15 am

JEBar wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:20 pm
the string continues ..... had to take our 'O5 Trailblazer to the shop .... yesterday while slowly working our way through a traffic backup caused by a 3 vehicle wreck, some gizmo that controls its idle under load decided to take a rest .... the engine RPM's would jump up and then bottom out .... during one swing the engine cut off .... managed to get it home and this morning we took it to a local garage .... he hopes to get to it tomorrow or Monday .... speaking of Monday, Maureen's 2016 Camaro goes back to a body shop to take care of a problem with the factory paint .... looks like our 2011 Chevy Silverado will be pretty much our only vehicle for at least a few days ....
At least you made it back home safely. Sounds like you've had your share of trouble lately.
Jake
0 x

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:20 am

It it isn't one thing, it's another.
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member