Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

EDC flashlight report after 3 years

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
Greyhawk
Cowhand
United States of America

EDC flashlight report after 3 years

Post by Greyhawk » Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:18 pm

Just a report on a good product that I have been carrying in my pants pocket every single day for about the last three years.
It is a Olight S1R Baton 2. I am an HVAC guy and so this flashlight gets used almost every day, usually clipped on my ball cap. It has been in the harshest of environments, in heat, cold, dirt, dust, wet, and under water a number of times, and it has worked flawlessly. It is very small and yet will put out 1000 lumens on its highest setting. It is charged with a magnetic charger and I have never had to change the battery. I have a larger Olight too and two Olight weapons lights on pistols. I really like their products. The only drawback that I can think of is that the weapons light chargers and the flashlight chargers will not interchange.
Attachments
S1R Baton 2 charging.jpg
S1R Baton 2 charging.jpg (68.28 KiB) Viewed 417 times
S1R Baton 2.jpg
S1R Baton 2.jpg (70.61 KiB) Viewed 417 times
3 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Re: EDC flashlight report after 3 years

Post by markiver54 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:23 pm

That's awesome Greyhawk. Thanks for sharing that info. I carry a small flashlight a lot. These old eyes need all the help they can get. I will look into that one!
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Post by Cofisher » Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:12 pm

Ditto
0 x
Remember, it's not how many guns you have. It's how many bullets you have.

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:20 pm

Good report. We have lights in both trucks, and lights at both doors, lights on my G35 and the mosberg shockwave. All the lights are streamlights except the two twenty year old 3 cell maglights doing door duty, which sadly are showing their age.

Might be time for replacements. :D
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:13 pm

I have a S1R Baton (not a 2), people are somewhat amazed when they see how bright it is for it's size. Nice little flashlight but I don't carry it that often. My go to flashlights are my Thrunite Catapult, my Wowtac A5 or lately my Sofirn SP36 Pro.

I don't have nearly enough $$ for all the flashlights, knifes and guns I would like to own.
1 x

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:29 am

A three year test is a pretty good testament to it's reliability. Thank you for the information.
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

Dahliathemeh
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Dahliathemeh » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:55 am

It is an awesome light! Mike had his fir about that time and just lost it last week. I have the Mother's day edition, and the perun 2.
I used to use stream light when I was working on cars, but have switched to olight. We have a whole collection now.
1 x
I never take myself seriously....

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Post by clovishound » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:10 am

When I was a crewmember, I carried one of the Mini Mag flashlights all the time. It fit perfectly in the knife pocket that none of us used as a knife pocket, at least not on cargo aircraft. I think I carried the same flashlight for most of my carrier. Of course, they didn't produce much light in contrast with the newer LEDs. You could also go through a lot of disposable batteries.

The new tech for flashlights is great. My need for a flashlight these days is not. I still need one once in a blue moon. I find the sub $10 lights fill the bill well, and only need to replace the batteries every few years. If I used one every day, it would be a different story.
0 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:25 pm

When working patrol, my issued 3 cell maglight rode in that gap between the door and the driver's seat. There if I needed a heavier batton. I carried an out of pocket streamlight rechargeable, a third the weight, just as bright, and easier to lock in with the firearm.
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.