Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

NFL 2022/23 thread.

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Re: NFL 2022/23 thread.

Post by markiver54 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:25 pm

Panthers bucked the Broncos...what??
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:04 am

Coach wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:59 pm
Raiders win with a 86 yd OT run.

Two wins in a row.
I’m really starting to hate sports in general. Friday night my Gonzaga Bulldog men’s basketball team got their butts whipped by Purdue. Saturday night my WSU Cougars football team got their butts whipped by the Washington Huskies. Sunday my Seattle Seahawks team got their butts whipped by the Raiders. (See above) Finally the Gonzaga team won last night but struggled against Xavier, a non ranked team.

My wife is ready to banish me to the basement for my outbursts.
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:15 pm

Hatchdog wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:04 am
Coach wrote:

Two wins in a row.
I’m really starting to hate sports in general. Friday night my Gonzaga Bulldog men’s basketball team got their butts whipped by Purdue. Saturday night my WSU Cougars football team got their butts whipped by the Washington Huskies. Sunday my Seattle Seahawks team got their butts whipped by the Raiders. (See above) Finally the Gonzaga team won last night but struggled against Xavier, a non ranked team.

Cheer up. You could be a Packer fan like me.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:29 am

Sir Henry wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:15 pm
Hatchdog wrote:
Coach wrote:

Two wins in a row.

My wife’s cousin and hubby who live nearby in the warm season are big Packer fans. He is originally from Wisconsin and has remained a Packer fan even tho he moved to So. California many years ago. He does support the Rams of course but his true love is the Pack. He told me that this year he thought (briefly) about becoming a Seahawks fan as he lives here in Washington state for part of the year.
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:32 am

Hatchdog wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:29 am
Sir Henry wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:15 pm
Hatchdog wrote:

My wife’s cousin and hubby who live nearby in the warm season are big Packer fans. He is originally from Wisconsin and has remained a Packer fan even tho he moved to So. California many years ago. He does support the Rams of course but his true love is the Pack. He told me that this year he thought (briefly) about becoming a Seahawks fan as he lives here in Washington state for part of the year.
I’ve been a Seahawk fan since 1976. Well I was until 2021 when I got fed up and moved to Wisconsin in 2022. Go Packers and £#(& the Bears!
0 x

EasyEd
Cowhand
Canada

Post by EasyEd » Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:37 pm

Hey All,

Still happy about OR state win...

But the Seahawks - how do you figure them out?

Last two games they changed their offensive and worse yet defensive schemes and got whipped for doing so. So frustrating...

Did they think the Bucs and Las Vegas were so weak they could try playing Pete ball - our guys are bigger tougher an better than yo guys we will overpower you like we did with the legion of boom and beast mode same as what he often did at USC. I think Pete's heart an soul is into power football the run and defense - passing is secondary. I don't know why he thinks he can play that way without the truly talented and experienced players. And what does playing that way do to his players? Best example the rookie right tackle left alone to stop one if the biggest best edge rushers in the NFL alone an getting manhandled on every play. Where was a tight end on that side to chip or double team him? Yet they often used double tight ends in the 4 game win streak. I could go on an don't want to start in the nonexistent defence. If you don't have the players don't try to play a 3 4 defense unless you have an Aaron Donald type nose tackle. I don't get it. Anyway during his post game presser Pete admitted to bad schemes in that game. At least Geno played well as 5 tds should be enough to win at home.

Hopefully they get it straightened out and I admit I'm a big fan of
the far more finesse an the offensive style of the old 49ers under Bill Walsh.

Had to rant somewhere... Sorry.

-Ed-
0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:17 pm

I am a Panthers fan for obvious reasons. Today they take on the Bucaneers for what will likely be the NFC south title.
I must say that I would love to see Tom Brady humbled today with a loss. I respect special athletes, but have never liked him. He throws tantrums when all is not going well. He points fingers at teammates because he thinks he can do no wrong. It must be someone else's fault 🙄 He has been called a role model...I think not. Remember "Deflate Gate". He should have stayed retired but chose the NFL spotlight over his marriage. He's got I think 6 rings and is 45 years old. Time to quit Tom...I might add that players are almost afraid to hit him for fear of a roughing penalty. The refs are protecting him.
GO PANTHERS!
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Coach
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Coach » Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:29 pm

I’m expecting a Raider loss to the 49ers today…
0 x
Deplorable California 2A supporter.

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:59 am

Well, well, well, once again I picked the Seahawks to lose on my pick sheet and once again they stabbed me in the back and won. :lol: They played a complete game with a good balanced offense, good defense and other than one missed field goal (that didn’t matter) the special teams were strong too. So next week if the Hawks beat the Rams and Green Bay loses the Seahawks will be in the playoffs. Who wudda thunk?
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:23 pm

Hatchdog wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:59 am
Well, well, well, once again I picked the Seahawks to lose on my pick sheet and once again they stabbed me in the back and won. :lol: They played a complete game with a good balanced offense, good defense and other than one missed field goal (that didn’t matter) the special teams were strong too. So next week if the Hawks beat the Rams and Green Bay loses the Seahawks will be in the playoffs. Who wudda thunk?
Green Bay is going to beat the Lions!
0 x