Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

I got to Bragg a little

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: I got to Bragg a little

Post by Hatchdog » Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:16 pm

Don’t really see your comments as bragging as much as just sharing the successes of two outstanding grandchildren. And, thanks for sharing as we need to hear good news for the future.
1 x

graywolf
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by graywolf » Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:38 pm

Told Granddaughter a while back when she got her acceptance letter would take her out to eat at any place of her choosing. Well, Tomorrow is the day. Already knew where she would want to go, and we were right. One of the best steakhouse around. 50 miles. This time tomorrow night, may be needing a loan.
3 x

Koyote
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Koyote » Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:05 pm

Speaking of Ft. Bragg, my son was stationed there for a while as was my g'daughter. They spent two weeks looking for each other and finally they discovered they were in the barracks next to each other. :)
1 x

graywolf
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by graywolf » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:13 am

Well. Grandson called yesterday to tell us he got a job with a big power company. I think it’s a national company, or maybe regional. I don’t know for sure. It was one he put in for. He starts Monday. I sure hope he remembers safety first.
1 x

Koyote
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Koyote » Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:21 pm

Speaking of Bragg, Ft. Bragg that is, shortly after my son joined the Army, my G'daughter did too. At one point they were both stationed at Ft. Bragg and spent two weeks looking for each other. They finally discovered they lived in the barracks next to each other.
My G'daughter got to travel to Kuwait and Uzbekistan, serving one hitch. My son served 20 yrs traveling to Kuwait, up the main road in Iraq to Mosul and Afghanistan, several times all the while in an EOD unit. He said he liked blowing things up, disarming-not so much. Both made it home safely, but my son lost a few friends along the way. May they RIP.
1 x