Go shooting with a Henry in 2022. Pass a Henry to the next generation and teach them to shoot safely, accurately and often.

a nice thing

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
The Wiz
Cowboy
United States of America

a nice thing

Post by The Wiz » Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:28 pm

The other day, I was having breakfast with my grand kid in a road side 50's diner. The kid likes the decor and, mostly ,putting in quarters in the table top juke box. In walks a lady who is obviously going thru chemo, thin, no hair but lively. She orders her breakfast and while waiting for her order get up and goes outside. Comeback in with a skull cap on and then after awhile go back outside. Comes back in with a sweater on that came down to her knees. After awhile she gets up and waits outside in the sun. I notice the two young waitress looking at her and whispering. One of them came over to the digital thermostat and turned in up five degrees. I told her that was nice and she gave me a tight smile and walked back to the stool counter. Mean time ,we were done and paying when they brought out her order. I walked out and told her food was ready and also told her what the waitresses did. She flashed me a smile and said they did not have to that for her and then said she had three more sessions and she be done. I wished her luck. What else could I say. Like I said it was a nice thing those girls did.

PS: Try explaining to a six year old why " the lady " did not have any hair.
9 x
Vietnam, Cambodia, DMZ
101st Airborne, Recon. ( Where in the heck are we?)
25th Inf. Div.2/22 Inf. Reg.(mech.)
Sgt., U.S. Army, Sniper

S&W Model 67
Uberti 1851 Navy Conv.
Uberti 1873 Bisley
Henry .357 Carbine CCH
Henry SGR .22
Henry .22 pump

BrokenolMarine
Drover
United States of America

Re: a nice thing

Post by BrokenolMarine » Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:50 pm

I understand completely. I take a small lap blanket when I go to the dentist, or government buildings, and wear long sleeves, it's usually way too cold for me due to low blood pressure/circulation issues. It was nice of them to turn the heat up a bit.
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:42 am

Yes, there are still some kindhearted people in the world. May heart stay kind, and yours as well!
0 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:44 am

Thank you for sharing that story. It has made my day now.
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member