Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Thief caught in the act

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
Ozarkwoodswalker
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Thief caught in the act

Post by Ozarkwoodswalker » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:49 pm

I've never seen one climb a tree here. In fact the conservation says you commonly find them in the suburbs of towns, and around towns much more than in the empty countryside cause they have less pressure from the coyotes there( not zero pressure. Just less pressure......)
Also, do understand, I'm not trying to get in an argument that they can or can't climb trees... if someone has seen them up a tree... that pretty much means they can climb.. i've just never personally seen or heard anyone i knew say they have seen one up a tree like a grey... i've also seen groundhogs high in trees as well, (and it was well into my life before I saw that and knew they could climb)...๐Ÿ™‚.. ...so, just shows there is always more i can learn....๐Ÿ‘
3 x

Cattle Driver
Australia

Re: Thief caught in the act

Post by 220 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:27 pm

Debatable if there is much difference between the European red fox we have in Aus and the North American red fox but I would say their abilities would be similar. Not sure what the numbers are like in the USA but here estimates are 7million plus. Probably conservative given the one state that has a bounty on foxes only covers 3% of the country and has averaged around 100,000 payments annually for over a decade.
0 x