Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

The Supreme Court Decision is in.

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: The Supreme Court Decision is in.

Post by Sir Henry » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:31 pm

Check out Wisconsin firearm laws. Or lack of laws!
2 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:27 am

Ammoland is reporting that the NJ AG has axed the "Justifiable Need" requirement for a permit.

https://www.ammoland.com/2022/06/nj-dro ... z7X8W7tKqh
2 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:05 am

Tennessee has a few mountains.

RP
1 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

BMCTED
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by BMCTED » Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:27 am

GunnyGene wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:27 am
Ammoland is reporting that the NJ AG has axed the "Justifiable Need" requirement for a permit.

https://www.ammoland.com/2022/06/nj-dro ... z7X8W7tKqh

Ammoland basic info is correct. Now for the yeahbutts.

Gov Phil Murphy immediately said: “Based on a deeply flawed constitutional methodology, a right-wing majority on the United States Supreme Court has just said that states can no longer decide for ourselves how best to limit the proliferation of firearms in the public sphere,”

Read more in the Philly Inquirer: https://www.inquirer.com/news/new-jerse ... 20623.html

The Supremes did a REAL good job on the "Keep and Bear" part ... but not much on the "shall not be infringed" part. If they did, every state would be gearing up for "Constitutional Carry".

I fully expect to see every one of the "May" issue states to say, "OK ... we HAVE to allow you to get a permit ... but it's gonna cost you $10,000 a year for the permit, STATE RUN ANNUAL training and testing with fees, AND State Run Liability Insurance ... or money, money and MORE money".

This is not to be construed as political. It's just a simple statement of fact. Some folks just do NOT like firearms. They fear them and will fight against them just as hard as they can.
0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:42 pm

Yeh...the same ones who don't know the difference between Automatic and Semi Automatic. :roll:
2 x
I'm your Huckleberry

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:35 pm

Centaur wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:59 pm
This is a much needed win for the Right to Bear Arms. Justice prevails!
Colion Noir talks about this. The SCOTUS opinion may lead to some undesirable outcomes. Specifically financial and what constitutes a "sensitive place". The big cities are not going to just roll over and all of a sudden become gun friendly.

About 10 minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwJmxIKVvIw
1 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

TheBackyardRange
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by TheBackyardRange » Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:25 pm

BMCTED wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:09 pm
I sure do hope I didn't do something wrong, or set someone on edge.

As a new guy, I thought long and hard before posting this. I see it as a decision of a legal matter regarding firearms ... by non-elected officials. The ONLY job of the Supreme Court is to interrupt the Constitution of the United States ... not to make law or uphold the beliefs of one or the other political party.
Couple things. First, Supreme Court Justices are technically elected. The confirmation in the senate is an election by the official we elected to carry that out.

Second thing, the role of the Supreme Court is very broad and reaching, most of what we know of the court evolved over time. The original intent was one court to rule all courts and the power to compel government officials. The court itself issued decisions on whether or not it had the power to do certain things (that’s real power). The first time the court decided that it could even hear lawsuits against the states wasn’t until 1793. The doctrine of judicial review did not become a thing until 1803 when the court ruled that it had the power to overturn an act of Congress. The doctrine of judicial review says “No law or action can contradict the U.S. Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land” and that the court had the jurisdiction to determine if an act of the executive or legislative branch was constitutional. The court was given jurisdiction over a laws. The role of determining constitutionality was one that evolved.
0 x
“If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth.” ― Ronald Reagan

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:43 am

Tennessee and North Carolina are on the list. Back on topic, a law is useless if people are unwillingly to follow it or enforce it. We all can read. The Constitution is fairly straightforward. It is simply a matter of if we want to abide by it or not. Some people like rules, and some don't. That is why we have jails. Unfortunately, laws may not be applied fairly. That is why we have a mess. Just my 2 cent.
4 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

BMCTED
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by BMCTED » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:22 am

GFK wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:43 am
Back on topic, a law is useless if people are unwillingly to follow it or enforce it. We all can read. The Constitution is fairly straightforward. It is simply a matter of if we want to abide by it or not. Some people like rules, and some don't. That is why we have jails. Unfortunately, laws may not be applied fairly. That is why we have a mess. Just my 2 cent.
Well said. If you are unaware a law exists, if you do not know the law or if you are relying on BOB On The Internet's opinion of what the law says ... you are doomed to suffer consequences.
GFK wrote:
Tennessee and North Carolina are on the list.
If I may asks, which list? Once predictable and reliable Southern States are pretty much neither these days.
1 x

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:16 pm

BMCTED wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:22 am
GFK wrote:
Tennessee and North Carolina are on the list.
If I may asks, which list? Once predictable and reliable Southern States are pretty much neither these days.
Relocation list. We are thinking about moving some place that have more land and maybe further South. Laws are not much of a consideration. We are not planning on breaking any. We are thinking more of climate and traveling to places of interest.
0 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).