Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

The Supreme Court Decision is in.

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Re: The Supreme Court Decision is in.

Post by markiver54 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:26 pm

Again, my vote is for rural Western North Carolina. The mountains are beautiful and there's a LOT to do. Let me know if I can provide some insight.
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry

BMCTED
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by BMCTED » Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:30 pm

GFK wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:16 pm

Relocation list. We are thinking about moving some place that have more land and maybe further South. Laws are not much of a consideration. We are not planning on breaking any. We are thinking more of climate and traveling to places of interest.
Add North East Georgia to the list .... north of Cherokee County. Always a nice breeze up here to break up the heat and humidity, VERY mild winters. You do have to watch out for the black ice when driving in the hills and make sure you always say it clearly and distinctly. There are places up here where the sun never hits the road, so ice lingers. In normal times we do get a couple weeks of hi temps, but not many.

Constitutional Carry, but dang few public places to shoot. There are some ... but not many. If you don't own land, you almost have to join a club to find 100 yard rifle+ shooting.

In no way would I go south of Cherokee County ... most of that is Atlanta - ish ... and south of that is flat and hot, hot, hot.
1 x

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:59 am

Will they or won't they? 4 important 2A cases awaiting some kind of action.

https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2022 ... rts-n59765

This week will likely mark the release of the last cases of this term, so maybe we’ll see the Court take action on these four cases in the “clean-up” conference. I have a hard time with the idea that the justices are going to let these four cases dangle in the wind for several more months, especially when they don’t have to grant cert but can simply remand all of the cases down to the lower courts with instructions to follow the “text, history, and tradition” test laid out by Justice Thomas in the Bruen opinion last week.

Two of the four cases currently in legal limbo deal with bans on so-called large capacity magazines; Duncan v. Bonta takes on California’s ban while Association of New Jersey Rifle & Pistol Clubs v. Platkin challenges a nearly identical law in New Jersey. Both laws require existing owners of magazines that can hold more than ten rounds of ammunition to either permanently modify them, hand them over to law enforcement, or remove them from their possession. The third case is Bianchi v. Frosh, which argues that Maryland’s ban on “assault weapons” is unconstitutional, while the final case (Young v. Hawaii) challenges that state’s “may issue” policy for granting permits to openly carry a firearm.
0 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.