Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Music Lovers

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Music Lovers

Post by dave77 » Wed May 18, 2022 3:33 pm

markiver54 wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 10:14 am
cooperhawk wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 10:08 am
BigAl52 wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 9:52 am
Because new country is terrible.
I agree, I turned off the last CMA awards after a few minutes. :roll:
I like the old stuff.
The same seems to apply to newer Rock, Pop etc. IMO.
Just old I guess. :roll:
Most of the really good rock/pop was written in the 60's and 70's with some decent groups in the later decades. I don't even listen to the new stuff. Funny though, I remember watching the Beatles on Ed Sullivan with my dad and he hated them, said it wasn't even music. Earlier Sunday night TV sucked for me as he and my mom would never miss Laurence Welk.

I didn't think country music had changed as much but I've never been a big country fan.
0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Wed May 18, 2022 4:38 pm

dave77 wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 3:33 pm
markiver54 wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 10:14 am
cooperhawk wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 10:08 am

I agree, I turned off the last CMA awards after a few minutes. :roll:
I like the old stuff.
The same seems to apply to newer Rock, Pop etc. IMO.
Just old I guess. :roll:
Most of the really good rock/pop was written in the 60's and 70's with some decent groups in the later decades. I don't even listen to the new stuff. Funny though, I remember watching the Beatles on Ed Sullivan with my dad and he hated them, said it wasn't even music. Earlier Sunday night TV sucked for me as he and my mom would never miss Laurence Welk.

I didn't think country music had changed as much but I've never been a big country fan.
Sounds like we had a very similar youth Dave. 😁😎
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Wed May 18, 2022 5:21 pm

Yes, I believe we're pretty close to the same age, I'm 69. Grew up in a medium sized town, population around 20,000 when I was a kid. Probably closer to 60,000 now if you count the town right across the river. Different city, county and School Districts, but really it's just one city divided by the Columbia River. As long as you stay away from the 2 bridges during morning and afternoon rush hour traffic, a lot of people live on one side and work on the other side.
1 x