Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

I hurt his feelings

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
Oldbrass
Cowboy
United States of America

I hurt his feelings

Post by Oldbrass » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:37 pm

Friend of mine were talking about Russian ammo (lack of) and I mentioned I had 2k rounds of Russian 7.62X39 that I paid $119 per 1000 some time back. He went into menopause and offered $250. I kindly said it's SHTF stock and not for sale. He asked what I paid for my SKS and I said $250 LNIB and he offered $400 (again not for sale) I pulled up SKS on GunBroker on my phone and his jaw dropped, they're asking $800 for rusty Norincos...how times have changed.. we're still friends .
2 x
30-30, Helping bad fisherman eat since 1895

The Happy Kaboomer
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: I hurt his feelings

Post by The Happy Kaboomer » Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:27 pm

Yep. Best to by cheap and pile when times are good.
1 x

JVogler
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by JVogler » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:22 pm

I wished I bought that 357magnum Russian ammo at less than $225 for a thousand rounds. Could use it now in my Ruger revolver.
1 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:09 am

For years I told friends to buy a couple boxes of ammo a month and put them aside. They only bought ammo when they were going to go shooting. I'd tell them it's best to have some on hand, but they just whined they didn't have the budget for it, as they stacked bags of chips, dip, and cases of beer on the counter.

I raised an eyebrow. "The gang is coming over..."

Soon as stuff got scarce, my phone started to ring.
"Can't help yah grasshopper."
7 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:57 am

I have friends who make fun of me because I have ammo in the basement on hand and quite a bit of 22 LR. Im now listening to them complain of prices of ammo and they dont have any. Same scenario as Marine. Cant help you.
4 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:08 am

I kept telling everyone to buy a firearm. One friend wanted to but his wife just would not allow it. No way, no how. Then the rioting spread within blocks of their million dollar home. OMG. "Maybe we need a gun."

He went to every gunshop in the metro area. No guns. Limited ammo. Very little handgun or rifle ammo, plenty of shotgun at the time.

This included the Bass Pro, Walmart, etc. He is like family, so I sold Him one of my extra training shotguns. I included a case and a dozen rounds of buck. I told him to go buy ammo. Get a case or three while you can. We were in the process of packing to leave VA and move to OK. VA continued to spiral. A year later, no ammo on the shelves. I asked how many cases he picked up. "Ah, I was busy."
1 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

Hickok
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Hickok » Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:44 pm

Yep, had a friend who needed .40 S&W and he said, "I couldn't find any, and I thought of you! I knew you would have some!"

Sorry, Homey don't play dat' game!!!
2 x

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:18 pm

Even though I reload most all I shoot I still pick up a couple boxes of .45 ACP when I see it with brass cases and even better with small pistol primers like the Lawman brand at a decent price. I can save on primers and reload them later. Picked up a couple great deals on .30 Carbine and 5.56 bulk ammo before things got crazy.
2 x

DsGrouse
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by DsGrouse » Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:26 pm

Years ago i was fed a sob story about not having enough 22lr. I sold the guy some 22lr. I could not get it back. (obama the first term) So, the next year i worked out a pre buy ammo deal for some folks, bought 4 or 5 pallets of ammo. 1/3rd flaked, 1/3rd wanted a refund, and the final third wanted ammo other than what they ordered.

I don't do people favors anymore when it comes to guns or ammo.
2 x

Rifletom
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by Rifletom » Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:33 pm

BigAl52 wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:57 am
I have friends who make fun of me because I have ammo in the basement on hand and quite a bit of 22 LR. Im now listening to them complain of prices of ammo and they dont have any. Same scenario as Marine. Cant help you.
These people knew and didn't act. Some of us did. They can cry in their own Wheaties. I'm keeping mine.
4 x