Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Shooting dry spell

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Shooting dry spell

Post by bandit1250 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:04 am

I haven't fired a gun in 2 1/2 months. Been busy with the deck building and taking apart the old Tundra pickup that was given to me. Haven't even thought of squirrel hunting due to the mid 70 degrees and at times into the low 80's. To many rattle snakes still out for me to hunt in those high temps. I can honestly say I haven't missed shooting with keeping so busy here but maybe it is from shooting to much before. I have accomplished a lot by staying home so all is not lost. I am getting a lot of good parts from the Tundra but haven't removed anything that will keep it from running as I have to move it occasionally to a different spot. Still amazed at how well the engine sounds and runs at 430,000 miles. I have driven it here on back roads several times and the manual 5 speed shifts well and the engine runs as well as my Tundra with 202,000 on it. Probably keep some parts and advertise the things I don't want. I will keep the rear diff as it has the same 4.08 gears as my truck and the same 5 speed manual like mine so it will stay here. Cool front moving in so I may squirrel hunt next week. Need to sight in my CZ Scout I put in a full size Trainer stock to hunt with. Everyone one take care and be safe.
2 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Shooting dry spell

Post by JEBar » Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:20 am

understood .... all toooooo well understood .... I haven't fired a round of any type since June and I do miss it
1 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:35 am

Up until a few days, ago, we've had an unusually warm fall, too. We haven't even had a frost, yet, and we're halfway through October. Not complying, though, because we've been able to do a lot of our usual outdoor activities without having to bundle up to stay warm.

As for the shooting, we still shoot a LOT, but it's been all air gun shooting right in our own yard. I don't post about it much, given there's a small audience here for air gun shooting (which I completely understand). The reason I mention this is that you might want to consider trying the same. Great way to work in some shooting to your everyday activities right at home.
2 x

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:07 am

I understand how you feel. Plenty of projects need your attention and no time to shoot. I had that same issue when moving into the new place. My plan was to make up for that once moved in. I was hoping to hunt squirrels with air rifles this fall. That hasn't worked out so far.

I hope you get out next week. I enjoy going after the little devils and I know you do too.
1 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:44 pm

Selling and buying a home has consumed me. I haven’t shot in months and was delighted to imagine your scout with a trainer on it.
1 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:06 am

That Tundra sounds like a nice project.....go wild with it like Roadkill ! As for shooting think you will be fine when the colder weather moves in.
Fall and Winter if it is a mild one is my best times down at the range property with no grass growing to deal with.
Enjoy!
1 x