Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Really big polar bear

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Really big polar bear

Post by JEBar » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:41 pm

a Polar Bear is a totally different critter, I certainly wouldn't want to ever meet one in the wild .... years ago, I literally shot a black bear that was less than 6" from the muzzle of my Ruger Blackhawk 44 Mag .... the blast literally powder burned him .... that time went well, hope to never have another such experience .... ;)
1 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Really big polar bear

Post by BrokenolMarine » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:08 am

The area we lived in while in VA was called Bear Creek. The first month we were in the new house, right about dusk, a large black bear came to visit. Miss T, who had been sitting on the deck, went inside. She called the game warden, who asked if the bear was about eight or nine hundred pounds with silver hair on his back? Yup...

He's just making his rounds. As long as you leave nothing out for him at your place, he won't add you to the list. We were careful, not putting up bird feeders, salt licks, corn for deer, etc.

We saw a number of bears over the years, "Just passing through.". Gave them room. :D
3 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.