Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

2021 NCAA Football

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

2021 NCAA Football

Post by JEBar » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:42 am

this year's season weekend opener featured some really good games .... Notre Dame's 3 point, overtime win over Florida State will long be remembered .... talk about a comeback, it had been 1,017 days since McKenzie Milton last played in a football game .... he was a star at UCF and led the Knights to a perfect season in 2017 before suffering a devastating leg injury that nearly cost him his right leg ..... nearly three years later, Milton now playing for Florida State completed 5 of 7 passes for 48 yards in the fourth quarter and overtime .... he is a remarkable young man ....
1 x

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: 2021 NCAA Football

Post by Hatchdog » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:05 pm

Despite being a 16 point favorite my beloved Washington State Cougars (Pullman, WA)managed to lose to Utah St. which I believe isn’t even a Division 1 team. Up here we call that “Couging It”. :roll:

But the good news is the Eastern Washington State Eagles (Cheney, WA) beat a higher division team (UNLV) in double overtime. Go Eags!

And, the hated Washington Huskies of Seattle were beat by the Sisters of the Poor’s B Squad walk-on’s (Montana, same conference as the Eagles). Hehehehehe….. sorry to you members from Western Washington. Hehehehehe, I just can’t stop myself.
0 x

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:54 pm

Yep a couple great games this weekend! I watched the Va. Tech/NC State game which was great and the Notre Dame/ Florida game which was a fantastic game for Florida and Milton!
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:50 pm

I noticed Jim didnt mention the Tarheels getting beat and they were ranked # 10
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:56 pm

Hatchdog wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:05 pm
Despite being a 16 point favorite my beloved Washington State Cougars (Pullman, WA)managed to lose to Utah St. which I believe isn’t even a Division 1 team. Up here we call that “Couging It”. :roll:

But the good news is the Eastern Washington State Eagles (Cheney, WA) beat a higher division team (UNLV) in double overtime. Go Eags!

And, the hated Washington Huskies of Seattle were beat by the Sisters of the Poor’s B Squad walk-on’s (Montana, same conference as the Eagles). Hehehehehe….. sorry to you members from Western Washington. Hehehehehe, I just can’t stop myself.
Utah State is Division 1 and competes in the Mountain West conference. Everyone in Eastern Wash hates the Huskies because everytime WSU is supposed to have a giant killer of a football team they get there butts kicked by UW
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:18 pm

BigAl52 wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:50 pm
I noticed Jim didnt mention the Tarheels getting beat and they were ranked # 10
no way that preseason ranking was even close .... the Heels didn't look good at all .... neither did NC State or Duke
0 x

Rifletom
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by Rifletom » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:29 pm

Love college football. Just as much as our Dodgers. My teams came thru this weekend: Alabama, Penn St. and was glad ND came thru. How did Oklahoma do? And UCLA beating LSU!? Geez!
0 x

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:12 am

BigAl52 wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:56 pm
Hatchdog wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:05 pm

Utah State is Division 1 and competes in the Mountain West conference. Everyone in Eastern Wash hates the Huskies because everytime WSU is supposed to have a giant killer of a football team they get there butts kicked by UW

Thanks for the clarification on Utah State. Mountain West is a good conference. Foolishly I “assumed” than any team that WSU is a 16 point favorite of must be division II.

Unfortunatly you are 100% correct on the Huskies dominance over the Cougars. I was thinking that the previous WSU coach MIke Leach as successful as he was never beat the Huskies. Seems like anytime the Cougs are ranked and doing well they just fall flat against the Huskies.
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:19 pm

sadly, the only telecast this coming Saturday (the 11th) for my Alma Mater is on pay for view --- Western Carolina University is scheduled to go up against the Sooners at Oklahoma .... since well before I was a student there back, in the mid to late '60's, WCU has been a in search of a team that the band can be proud of .. :? .. I'm pretty sure this game will be decided a few minutes after the opening kickoff :roll:
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:57 pm

Some of these big schools schedule these games like that makes me just shake my head. Its usually no contest and pretty pathetic.
0 x

H001T .22LR
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55