Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

I'd rather endure a cystoscopy

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
zara_puppy
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: I'd rather endure a cystoscopy

Post by zara_puppy » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:27 am

Just bought a new Dell for my very recently graduated daughter. My tower was a monster 5 years ago - but her laptop smokes it. Got an Inspiron 5000 series with an I7 quad core 11th generation, 16 Gb memory, solid state drive. Standard video and added MS Office Pro. Nice machine. As for the added software stuff you can set it such that it doesn’t fire on boot. Half TB external drive and you can download your files while you sleep, then upload them to the new PC the next night.

Would have been well under $1K, but Office pro is pricey. She’s headed to college so she needs the productivity software. Learned a while back building your own you end up building more machine than you really need - so I gave that stuff up. Also learned if you get a Dell, buy from Dell. Pass on Best Buy - they get their cut - and you can use that money for more memory. Budget $200 per year for “electronics” - when they’re out of warranty ride them as long as you can. When they crap out take them to the range. 😁
0 x