Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Gas Shortage

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
GeoBoy
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Gas Shortage

Post by GeoBoy » Wed May 12, 2021 9:27 pm

RanchRoper wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 4:08 pm
If we all buy electric cars we’ll be ok. CNN is working on the story as we speak. :)
Really, what happens when they hack our electric grid? It will happen!
Last edited by GeoBoy on Wed May 12, 2021 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Henry Hoo1T, Hoo9

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Wed May 12, 2021 9:58 pm

Oh I was only joking. Wouldn’t be caught dead in an electric car. Unless it was a hearse I guess.
2 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Wed May 12, 2021 10:48 pm

This is a thread that could easily get political, so I applaud everyone in attendance for not letting that happen!
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Jdl447
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Jdl447 » Thu May 13, 2021 12:13 am

$2.71.9 a gal. Here in N.E. OH. No lines.
0 x
When a clown moves into a palace, he doesn't become a king. The palace becomes a circus.

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Thu May 13, 2021 8:53 am

As I mentioned up thread, the Colonial attack has spurred an expected response by government.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cybera ... iden-watch

And:

Excerpt:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-roo ... -networks/

Today, President Biden signed an Executive Order to improve the nation’s cybersecurity and protect federal government networks. Recent cybersecurity incidents such as SolarWinds, Microsoft Exchange, and the Colonial Pipeline incident are a sobering reminder that U.S. public and private sector entities increasingly face sophisticated malicious cyber activity from both nation-state actors and cyber criminals. These incidents share commonalities, including insufficient cybersecurity defenses that leave public and private sector entities more vulnerable to incidents.

This Executive Order makes a significant contribution toward modernizing cybersecurity defenses by protecting federal networks, improving information-sharing between the U.S. government and the private sector on cyber issues, and strengthening the United States’ ability to respond to incidents when they occur. It is the first of many ambitious steps the Administration is taking to modernize national cyber defenses. However, the Colonial Pipeline incident is a reminder that federal action alone is not enough. Much of our domestic critical infrastructure is owned and operated by the private sector, and those private sector companies make their own determination regarding cybersecurity investments. We encourage private sector companies to follow the Federal government’s lead and take ambitious measures to augment and align cybersecurity investments with the goal of minimizing future incidents.

Specifically, the Executive Order the President is signing today will:
0 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

GeoBoy
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by GeoBoy » Thu May 13, 2021 9:08 am

I think the government should mandate cyber security in ALL critical services/infrastructure , weather they are government or privately held and closely monitor it. This nonsense has to stop.
1 x
Henry Hoo1T, Hoo9

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu May 13, 2021 9:06 pm

schools in our part of NC closed tomorrow, students will have virtual instruction, because of the fuel shortage
0 x

Llew Taranau
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Llew Taranau » Fri May 14, 2021 8:44 am

BTW, those pics going around about a woman putting gas in plastic bags bc of the pipeline shutdown? Nope.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/hoard ... n=recycled
https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... as-becaus/
0 x
"I ain't fast, but I'm as inaccurate as the next guy."

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri May 14, 2021 9:04 am

May 13, 2021. After the gas shortage in North Carolina peaked Wednesday night (May 12) with nearly 75% of all stations reporting no gasoline, the numbers slightly improved Thursday morning, with around 71% of stations experiencing a shortage, according to ABC 11.
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Fri May 14, 2021 10:04 am

What we keep hearing about this and what to believe is what one must decide for him or herself. So far Im not hearing much in the way of punishment if they really do know who did this. Weak and Sad in my book and should have never happened to begin with.
2 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55