Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

What's for supper?

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
Headhog
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: What's for supper?

Post by Headhog » Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:37 pm

markiver54 wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:30 pm
Headhog wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:28 pm
Went to a local (chain in VA) sandwich and burger place in town. Had a sandwich with fried pastrami, coleslaw, sliced turkey breast and the kicker is their homemade potato chips on the sandwich - all on rye bread. What a killer combination. Topped it off with a Brewdog Hazy Jane IPA.

Paul
It all sounds very good, except for the IPA. IMHO, Never had an IPA that did not taste nasty to me!!
Wheat beers are my choice. Cannot handle that bitter after taste of IPA.

I have to agree on the bitter taste that most of today's IPA's have. It seems that todays brewers seem to think tossing in a large dose of hops make a better IPA. This particular IPA is not like the new generation. It's closer to a wheat beer but with a nice slightly bitter ending. Thats the only reason I drink it.

Paul
1 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:36 pm

Headhog wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:37 pm
markiver54 wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:30 pm
Headhog wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:28 pm
Went to a local (chain in VA) sandwich and burger place in town. Had a sandwich with fried pastrami, coleslaw, sliced turkey breast and the kicker is their homemade potato chips on the sandwich - all on rye bread. What a killer combination. Topped it off with a Brewdog Hazy Jane IPA.

Paul
It all sounds very good, except for the IPA. IMHO, Never had an IPA that did not taste nasty to me!!
Wheat beers are my choice. Cannot handle that bitter after taste of IPA.

I have to agree on the bitter taste that most of today's IPA's have. It seems that todays brewers seem to think tossing in a large dose of hops make a better IPA. This particular IPA is not like the new generation. It's closer to a wheat beer but with a nice slightly bitter ending. Thats the only reason I drink it.

Paul
Well, if that's the case, then I understand. Would have to try it to be sure though. :)
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

cooperhawk
Drover
United States of America

Post by cooperhawk » Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:14 am

Well, our farmer friend didn't show up on time with the beef so we had to reschedule our dinner reservation.
Turns out he blew a radiator hose on his pick up and was sitting out in the middle of nowhere waiting for
someone to bring him a new clamp, so we drove over and found him, got the beef, and took it home to the
freezer. Hated to leave him alone out there but he said someone was coming, so............ :roll:

Finally got to dinner about seven. Deep fried Walleye, baked potato, salad, garlic toast, relish tray,
and a Tanqueray Martini. Carol had pan seared scallops and a couple glasses of wine. :shock:

The place is waaay out in the country and since we've been going there for over 25 years, they know us
and treat us very well, however we had a new waitress and I had to spell out Tanqueray to her. She'd
never heard of it. The place was packed since Covid restrictions have been lifted, but it's just nice when
the owners and staff recognize you and all stop at the table to say hello. It's our happy place. :D
0 x
Retired FAA Air Traffic Control Supervisor
VFW (Life Member), VVA (Life Member)
Legion (Life Member), NRA (Life Member)
U S Army Aviation 64-67, Vietnam MACV 65-66

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:39 am

Prime Rib smoked on the wood pellet grill looking forward to the outcome.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

cooperhawk
Drover
United States of America

Post by cooperhawk » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:01 pm

Well, we went out for our Anniversary dinner all set to have the King Crab only to find out that there
is a supplier shortage. Darn!
Oh well, Carol had two lobster tails and I had a nice Filet with a demi glaze sauce.
It was all good. :D
0 x
Retired FAA Air Traffic Control Supervisor
VFW (Life Member), VVA (Life Member)
Legion (Life Member), NRA (Life Member)
U S Army Aviation 64-67, Vietnam MACV 65-66

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:31 pm

cooperhawk wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:01 pm
Well, we went out for our Anniversary dinner all set to have the King Crab only to find out that there
Oh well, Carol had two lobster tails and I had a nice Filet with a demi glaze sauce.
Two Lobster tails and a Fillet isn't too shabby! The night is still young! Hope you both continue to enjoy!!
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:48 pm

Prime rib sandwiches and corn on the cob washed down with a couple Dos Equis amber. Was good.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:48 pm

got busy reloading and didn't get finished until almost 7PM .... picked up a Big Mac Meal at MacDonald's on the way home .... don't do that often and I enjoyed it ... :D
0 x

Rifletom
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by Rifletom » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:08 pm

Baked chicken thighs, home made potato skins[yummy!] and a few beers for me; wife had a couple sips of beer. Watched baseball, Zzzz's coming soon.
0 x

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:11 am

cooperhawk wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:01 pm
Just got back from my weekly Fred Myer shopping. They had King Crab legs, $35 a lb. and that includes the weight of the shell. :o. I got some prawns and sushi.

They had some Copper River Coho last week for a similar price, counter guy said it wasn't moving too fast. I had some Copper River Coho years ago and it was very good but not really that much better than any good wild caught salmon.
0 x