Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

LGS stop

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

LGS stop

Post by bandit1250 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:38 pm

The snow didn't amount to much and my friend and I went up the mountain to the gun shop. My friend needed 22 ammo to shoot when the wind finally dies down. There was snow on the ground up there but the roads were not bad. They had some wrecks in the area earlier in the morning with ice on the roads. My friend got his 22 ammo and I saw some Winchester Sub Sonic hollow point on the shelf. I asked how many I could buy and he said I could have both bricks. I shoot a lot of subs at my home working over the starling population that is out of control. These Winchester subs are the Australian made ammo that is better than the domestic Winchester ammo. I have used the Australian made ammo before and it is impressive on accuracy. I have seen this stuff lately at shows for $10- $12/box of 50 and never bought any at those high prices. He had this for $4.99/box or $46.99/brick. The starlings better get ready for what's coming their way. Also while there I browsed the used rack. Not a good move on my part. There sat a Model 700 Remington ADL 30/06 in really nice shape. I looked it over and checked the bore. All looked well. Turned over the tag and it was $299. Another rifle on lay-away. He has actions there for $390 and I can get a whole rifle in perfect condition for $299 seems like a better deal on the rifle. I'll post a picture when I get it home. No hurry to get it he has a very easy lay-away.
2 x

Deadwood Dutch
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: LGS stop

Post by Deadwood Dutch » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:47 pm

Congratulations on the Remington, that seems like a really good price.
1 x
U.S. Navy ⚓️ 1965-1969 - NRA Member - Henry H004, Henry H001

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Post by RetiredSeabee » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:22 pm

Bandit you are living up to my nickname for you. The Rifle Whisperer. It seems you have a certain attraction to the ones that need a good home.
North Country Gal has the same gift.

Great score on the ammo too!
1 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:58 pm

I saw the title of the post and had to find out what is the great story Bandit has to tell today. I wasn't disappointed. You amaze me.
1 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:14 pm

GR8T stop -- GR8T shop!! Congrats.
I've not seen that .22LR ammo before with the truncated cone, Bandit. Will keep my eyes open for it.

Oh yes, "Rifle Whisperer" would make a very cool moniker. ;)
1 x

~Пока~