Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Henry Double barrel shotgun

357Mag
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Henry Double barrel shotgun

Post by 357Mag » Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:33 pm

How many would be interested if Henry built a side by side double barrel shotgun ?
1 x

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Re: Henry Double barrel shotgun

Post by RanchRoper » Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:51 pm

Me.
1 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:49 pm

if it was a western style Coach Gun model with external hammers, I would 8-)
4 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:05 pm

JEBar wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:49 pm
if it was a western style Coach Gun model with external hammers, I would 8-)
Ditto, good concept!
Always liked side by sides!
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:13 pm

Doubles are tougher and more expensive to produce than repeaters. You'll pay a lot for a Henry double actually made here by Henry. That's why so many brands import doubles from Turkey, now, rather than invest in the equipment and expertise to make doubles in their own factories. Have owned a couple of the CZ doubles made in Turkey and even at those prices, they still need some TLC and extra work to be functional.

On the other hand, I would love to see Henry make a pump shotgun with an exposed hammer, a la the Winchester 1897. The originals are getting hard to find now, because the cowboy action folks have grabbed all they can find. Such a pump would be more within Henry's production capability and probably more affordable.
8 x

Rifletom
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by Rifletom » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:44 pm

North Country Gal wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:13 pm
Doubles are tougher and more expensive to produce than repeaters. You'll pay a lot for a Henry double actually made here by Henry. That's why so many brands import doubles from Turkey, now, rather than invest in the equipment and expertise to make doubles in their own factories. Have owned a couple of the CZ doubles made in Turkey and even at those prices, they still need some TLC and extra work to be functional.

On the other hand, I would love to see Henry make a pump shotgun with an exposed hammer, a la the Winchester 1897. The originals are getting hard to find now, because the cowboy action folks have grabbed all they can find. Such a pump would be more within Henry's production capability and probably more affordable.
Have to say NCG, you nailed it. An American made SxS would be $$$. O/U and SxS, for good regulated ones, DOLLARS!
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:55 pm

CZ offers its Hammer Coach shotgun with a list price of $968 ===> https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-hammer-co ... -cyl-bore/ .... if Henry could offer one anywhere close to that price, I'd be interested
2 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:59 am

That CZ is an example of what I was saying, JEBar. The CZ coach gun isn't made by CZ. If it was made by CZ in the CZ Czech Republic in the CZ factory, it would cost you much more than that $968. All CZ shotguns are imported from Turkey, made by Huglu in Turkey for the sake of affordability. Henry could, I suppose, do the same thing and import them and slap the Henry label on them, but then it wouldn't really be a Henry.
1 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:17 pm

North Country Gal wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:59 am
That CZ is an example of what I was saying, JEBar. The CZ coach gun isn't made by CZ. If it was made by CZ in the CZ Czech Republic in the CZ factory, it would cost you much more than that $968. All CZ shotguns are imported from Turkey, made by Huglu in Turkey for the sake of affordability. Henry could, I suppose, do the same thing and import them and slap the Henry label on them, but then it wouldn't really be a Henry.
good to know .... I'm about as far as one can get from having knowledge of the workings of CZ .... I've never owed one but have read bunches of good comments about them from folks here
0 x

Cowboy Gun Fan
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Cowboy Gun Fan » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:38 pm

If US Doubles are that expensive, I'm wondering why my US Made Stevens-Savage 16 Gauge is not worth more than it is?

I've been told approx $300 or $400.
2 x
NRA Member