Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Boresighting the Shockwave

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Boresighting the Shockwave

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:35 am

Saw a video where the shooter recommended a laser boresighting device for aligning the laser on the shotgun and the shotgun. I checked on Amazon and ordered one to align the Red Dot sight and my shockwave for Miss Tina. I can't shoot the dang thing anymore ... gimpy left hand won't grasp the foregrip. (BUT, I just saw a video that shows a magnaported barrel available from Brownells... there is hope!)

I got the kit in on Friday, and it was really nice. They have kits in all calibers, but I just needed the 12 gauge (for now.)

12 gauge kit.jpg

It's very simple to use, you install the three batteries by unscrewing the end cap and the laser comes on. It's VERY bright and easy to see. I wouldn't advice looking INTO the laser. :twisted: I had set up a TV tray at the end of the hall with my cleaning vise mounted on the tray. I loaded the laser into the shotgun and the shotgun into the vise. I had already removed the caps from the Red Dot adjustment knobs. I had a screwdriver handy.

brass 12g laser.jpg

I looked into the Red Dot and I saw a bright green laser dot projected on the bedroom door down the hall, with the red dot about two inches to the right. A couple turns with the screwdriver and they were overlapping. Done. Ejected the laser bore sighing shell, and unscrewed the base, laser off. Put 'er away, batteries back in the slot and we are golden. Miss T can test fire it next time she is on the range.

The batteries are supposed to last about 30 minutes of continuous use, and the laser is ON when they are in the casing, and off when removed.
Simple but effective.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
3 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: Boresighting the Shockwave

Post by Sir Henry » Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:33 am

Has it been test fired yet?
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:09 am

No, tina has stayed busy. I also installed the magnaported barrel from brownell's and I am anxious to see how it affects the recoil. But she has her OK ccw class today. Hopefully in the next day or two.
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:12 am

BrokenolMarine wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:09 am
No, tina has stayed busy. I also installed the magnaported barrel from brownell's and I am anxious to see how it affects the recoil. But she has her OK ccw class today. Hopefully in the next day or two.
That’s right it’s all coming back to my mind.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:18 pm

Tina had her CCW class today and thought it was decent. She stopped by on her way to the range and picked me up and we both shot the 50 round course. She did very well for not having shot for at least two, likely three years. She did shoot 50 rounds practice this past Thursday, but still... Her target didn't look bad at all. Third best of the day, since the bulk of the class were average shooters. (They had one criminal justice student.) The course is very simple, Fifty Rounds at Seven Yards, fired standing. Not bullseye slow fire, but not rapid fire.

tinas ccw class target 221008.jpg

I shot this time as I was unable to shoot the last time due to a firearm issue. With my bona fides, the instructor could legally still issue the certificate and did, but told me I could come and shoot with Tina today if I would like to. To cover her, and because I like to shoot... I did.

My target:

my target.jpg

I did enjoy the day as there was a brand new shooter and while the instructor ran the line I coached the new shooter and she did rather well. The key was to get her relaxed and enjoying the shooting and put her fear aside. She started out shaking, and ended up shooting a nice tight group in the chest of the target. :P I love it when that happens.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2 x