Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Can I tell much of a difference? Shotgun advice please

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Can I tell much of a difference? Shotgun advice please

Post by GFK » Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:08 am

Congratulations! The finish looks nice. Happy shooting!
0 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:53 am

Interesting choice. I hope it performs well for you.
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

Cleveraction
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by Cleveraction » Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:08 am

Hi all, just a friendly check in. The CZ is not drilled and tapped and the weaver cut is really a 13mm euro-dovetail with no US mounting options so I looked at a Stoger m3000 next, but ended up with a Franchi.

The Franchi Affinity 3 uses the same rail as the Super Black Eagle. Also, the mount screw holes are plugged from the factory, you tap them out from inside the receiver. If you want screws to go back in, you need to buy them (8 40). The gun does well with slugs... at about .4 high at 25 I should be about 1 inch low at 100. As you can see there is one hole 6 inches high, then I really gripped the fore to try and stave off muzzle rise and got pretty close to the bull. With some more practice I think I can get it to group, all be it the groups might be on the order of 4-5 inches, but that is kill zone. I might have been flinching a bit, as I had already put quite a few slugs downrange at 25 yards, and my managed recoil slugs were still in the mail so I was using the full monty 1600fps.

Recoil isn't too terrible, and this might be the most versatile gun you can buy for ranges of 100 ish yrds or less. It spring turkey season in Texas and I got the invite... kind of cool that with an IC (yes bad for turkey shots) I can have slugs in one pocket and birdshot in another. While it would be cool to have a Tom come in, there is a higher likelihood a pig will come around.

Will keep you posted on the Affinity 3, so far zero issues and I will run some bird shot, shoot trap/skeet and report back. Little more expensive than the Stoeger you do get 2 more years of warranty and fit and finish are exceptional. Thanks for all your help!
shells.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x
Conservation is a state of harmony between men and land.
~Aldo Leopold