Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Zacharia

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Zacharia

Post by GunnyGene » Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:03 pm

First, I should explain who (or what ) Zacharia is. The who, is an ancestor who made a habit of running British blockades during the years leading up to and following the War of 1812. He captained a merchant ship in his early 20's, fought off pirates both in the Caribbean, and in the Med, and managed to make a good living in the process.

The what, is the name I gave (to honor my ancestor) to the IWI TS-12 shotgun I've posted about recently.

So this is kinda a range report about how much fun it is to shoot this gun. Until today, I only shot it from the shoulder position. But being a curious guy I went out back and unloaded on my shootin' stump from what I'll call the hip, although it was more from level with my chest. Zach is more fun than an old Marine deserves - 5 rounds of 00 buck in about 3 seconds! Not very accurate of course, but WOOHOO! Recoil was barely noticeable!
4 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Zacharia

Post by JEBar » Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:39 pm

nice .... very nice indeed
0 x

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:33 pm

Maybe not accurate at the rate of fire but I’m sure those five OO bk’s laid down a pretty impressive field of fire. :o
0 x

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:14 pm

Hatchdog wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:33 pm
Maybe not accurate at the rate of fire but I’m sure those five OO bk’s laid down a pretty impressive field of fire. :o
Well, I'm glad I'm not on the receiving end anyway. :D As a side note, I'd been having a small issue with the screw in choke getting loose and backing out a little. It's flush fit and came with the gun. Put a tiny drop of blue loctite on the threads this morning and just came back in from shooting. I kinda thought the loctite would be effected by the heat, but it seems to have solved the problem. I'll be checking it periodically anyway for a while.
0 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:41 pm

GunnyGene wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:03 pm
Not very accurate of course, but WOOHOO! Recoil was barely noticeable!
Have you considered putting a laser on it. I have one on my Shockwave, of course I don't know what it would be like shooting the Shockwave shoulder high. Don't think I want to try it, maybe if it was a 410 or 20 gauge instead of a 12 gauge.
0 x

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:01 pm

dave77 wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:41 pm
GunnyGene wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:03 pm
Not very accurate of course, but WOOHOO! Recoil was barely noticeable!
Have you considered putting a laser on it. I have one on my Shockwave, of course I don't know what it would be like shooting the Shockwave shoulder high. Don't think I want to try it, maybe if it was a 410 or 20 gauge instead of a 12 gauge.
Thought about a laser, but decided on a red dot instead (Vortex Venom).
0 x