Cowhand
United States of America

Re: My first double barrel

Post by TheBackyardRange » Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:31 pm

BrokenolMarine wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:52 am
TheBackyardRange wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:49 pm
I will eventually get my grubs on one. I lost count of how may guns I have bought since the first of Jan. I have 8 that haven't made it here yet including this one.

Springfield Armory stainless 1911 Loaded 45 acp
Colt stainless 1911 Competition 45 acp
Will be especially interested in how these two do when you wring them out on the range. I am a fan of the 1911s. 8-)
Little brother has a Springfield Loaded. Its the reason I bought one. Probably be three weeks before I get mine. The Colt had to be special ordered. Lord only knows when that will come in. It could be months. Reviews look promising. I did a comparison video on a MAC ACII and a S&W E-Series last year. Might do another with these two. The Colt might be a better comparison with the new Springfield Garrison. I have a brand new Kimber Stainless II here as well I could use that's in 10mm.
0 x
“If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth.” ― Ronald Reagan

TheBackyardRange
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by TheBackyardRange » Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:40 pm

These are the 3 other full size 1911 models I have here. I have a pair of the ACIIs, had a pair of the Kimbers but little brother clepto'd one of them. He had always wanted a Kimber 10mm. Had his eye on a Rapide but the price is just a little out of range at $1600.

1911s.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x
“If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth.” ― Ronald Reagan

Rifletom
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by Rifletom » Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:52 am

Husqvarna made/makes some mighty fine dirt bikes also. Now that Husky pictured above, looks like a kicker! Very neat shotgun.

Speaking of which: I've been looking at CZ Bobwhites, but, won't pay the price fom Gunbroker, the only place I've found them available. Turned my attention to those Stoeger Uplander 20ga with 26/28" barrels. Those look good to me and reviews are positive. Have a couple places fairly close I can get my hands on one to check. Fingers crossed here.
1 x

TheBackyardRange
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by TheBackyardRange » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:19 pm

I got that Stoeger coach a while back. I have been a busy boy with lots of projects going on. I still haven’t shot it yet but my range is ready for action and the weather is clearing up a bit. Soon.. I’ll update with pictures and review.

Probably spend some time this weekend creating new threads and updating some old ones. I bought close to $20k in guns in the last 4 months and a lot of them are probably of interest to the Henry crowd, including a 1911 review that went on like a runaway train (5 from Kimber and 5 from Springfield Armory). Yes, I spent $10k just on that review. Some guns I bought, like two Cimarron Bad Boys and a Stoeger Condor Supreme are still coming in.
1 x

jstanfield103
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by jstanfield103 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:14 pm

I've had Stoeger Coach guns and CZ Coach Guns (Huglu) Stoeger without hammers. The CZ with Hammers. For me I much prefer the Coach Guns without external hammers. Love the CZ Sharptail.
0 x
Aim Small, Miss Small

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:21 pm

I only own two doubles, both 12 ga., the first is an old Beretta OU hammerless.
The other is an old J Stevens sxs, with exposed hammers.
Have hunted and killed pheasant with both.

RP
0 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012