Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

New range toy/HD gun - Update w/Upgrades

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

New range toy/HD gun - Update w/Upgrades

Post by GunnyGene » Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:59 pm

I've been considering a new shotgun for the past couple weeks, and finally settled on a IWI Tavor TS12 Bullpup, that I picked up this morning. Very SCIFI looking with three 5rnd rotatable magazines. Not a gun for anyone with hand or finger problems tho. I've been getting acquainted with it this morning and will probably burn some shells tomorrow if the weather cooperates. :D I'll be installing Magpul flip up sights for now. Maybe a optic later.

Last edited by GunnyGene on Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
1 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Re: New range toy/HD gun

Post by Cofisher » Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:24 pm

Serious firepower there.
0 x
Remember, it's not how many guns you have. It's how many bullets you have.

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:28 pm

Cofisher wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:24 pm
Serious firepower there.
Yeah. Ain't it cool? :D Also accepts Beretta & Benelli chokes, and includes the adapter, etc. in the box.
Last edited by GunnyGene on Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:54 pm

one of our sons has one .... serious firepower indeed
0 x

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:01 pm

JEBar wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:54 pm
one of our sons has one .... serious firepower indeed
How does he like it? Has he had any issues with it - ammo, etc.? Recoil heavy or mild (depending on load of course)?
0 x

DsGrouse
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by DsGrouse » Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:58 pm

I would love to read more about your experiences with it.
0 x

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:34 pm

DsGrouse wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:58 pm
I would love to read more about your experiences with it.
If I get out to shoot tomorrow, I'll post about it. In the meantime, there's a good video from a couple years ago on the MAC Youtube channel. About 30 minutes long. Has some good tips about the gun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKGTy0WqRTQ
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:13 pm

GunnyGene wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:01 pm
How does he like it? Has he had any issues with it - ammo, etc.? Recoil heavy or mild (depending on load of course)?
I just got off the phone with him ..... he said that it is one of the best shotguns he's bought in a long time and is one of his favorites .... magazine tubes hold 5 - 2 3/4" or 4 - 3" shells .... it has two recoil gas settings, low and high .... set on low for skeet level load makes recoil a total nonissue .... when set on high for hunting level shells, the felt recoil is on par with the best semiautomatic .... if you make a mistake and set it on low when firing hunting ammo, it will pound your shoulder with the best of'um .... the manufacture offers a recoil pad upgrade which he says is very good .... an optional lever of some type is Fine .... he has a small red dot on his that has a small circle around a small "x" --- he really likes it for shooting skeet

hope this helps
0 x

DsGrouse
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by DsGrouse » Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:21 pm

I watched theac vid a couple years back and held on at the lgs. My issue with guntuber vids is that noatter what they say, they are selling you something. It may only be their own youtube content. With that i take any youtube review with a trailer full of skepticism.
0 x

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:30 pm

JEBar wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:13 pm
GunnyGene wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:01 pm
I just got off the phone with him ..... he said that it is one of the best shotguns he's bought in a long time and is one of his favorites .... magazine tubes hold 5 - 2 3/4" or 4 - 3" shells .... it has two recoil gas settings, low and high .... set on low for skeet level load makes recoil a total nonissue .... when set on high for hunting level shells, the felt recoil is on par with the best semiautomatic .... if you make a mistake and set it on low when firing hunting ammo, it will pound your shoulder with the best of'um .... the manufacture offers a recoil pad upgrade which he says is very good .... an optional lever of some type is Fine .... he has a small red dot on his that has a small circle around a small "x" --- he really likes it for shooting skeet

hope this helps
Thanks! Good info. I'm not sure what he meant by "hunting level shells". I'm guessing that would be around 1400fps and 1 1/4 oz or more? The manual isn't clear about that either. I've got it set on Low right now and will be shooting some RIO #4 shot (1330fps, 1 1/4 oz Game Load tomorrow I hope. I've used this ammo in the past in my Mossberg pump and it didn't seem bad. Stout, but not painful. I did see that butt pad on the IWI site. Expensive, but I might have to buy one.
0 x