Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

New range toy/HD gun - Update w/Upgrades

dasmoeturhead
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: New range toy/HD gun - Update w/Upgrades

Post by dasmoeturhead » Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:06 pm

Good info, thanks. I checked them out today. Didn't really like the OD green, the FDE wasn't bad, and they didn't have one in black.
I liked it a lot. It's pretty short for me, and I really had to tuck into my shoulder and press my check hard against the stock to get a good sight picture. That is if you shoot it like a rifle. I think with a riser and red dot this will probably be a non issue. I was able to change mag tubes quite fast after messing with it for 5 minutes. I'm gonna wait for a black one, but if that wait is very long, I'll get the FDE. The other LGS said they carry them from time to time, but they sell quick.
0 x
I'm a Ship that can't be Salvaged!

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:22 pm

dasmoeturhead wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:06 pm
Good info, thanks. I checked them out today. Didn't really like the OD green, the FDE wasn't bad, and they didn't have one in black.
I liked it a lot. It's pretty short for me, and I really had to tuck into my shoulder and press my check hard against the stock to get a good sight picture. That is if you shoot it like a rifle. I think with a riser and red dot this will probably be a non issue. I was able to change mag tubes quite fast after messing with it for 5 minutes. I'm gonna wait for a black one, but if that wait is very long, I'll get the FDE. The other LGS said they carry them from time to time, but they sell quick.
You're welcome. When you get it, I strongly recommend the muzzle brake and butt pad from Manticore. They really do make a difference.

https://manticorearms.com/product-categ ... avor-ts12/.

PS: Did you see the post I made about sighting in a red dot? http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=13350

Note that a slug will continue to gain altitude out to about 80yds from a 25yd zero, due to the height of the sight centerline above the bore axis. With mine that's about 3.75" . Not a big deal with buck or bird shot at typical ranges, but you should use slugs for sight in.
1 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

dasmoeturhead
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dasmoeturhead » Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:16 am

Enter me into the IWI Tavor TS12 Owners club Gunny.
20220608_203522.jpg
Pulled the trigger after I posted my possible intent on the purchase. This thing is awesome, and I haven't even shot it yet. I still need a site, sling, butt pad, and brake.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:57 am

dasmoeturhead wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:16 am
Enter me into the IWI Tavor TS12 Owners club Gunny.
20220608_203522.jpg
Pulled the trigger after I posted my possible intent on the purchase. This thing is awesome, and I haven't even shot it yet. I still need a site, sling, butt pad, and brake.
Welcome, indeed. :D The more you shoot it the more awesome it becomes. One thing you'll notice right off is that, unlike other shotguns, you get very little muzzle rise. The recoil comes straight back due to the barrel being almost perfectly aligned with the butt stock. This makes it easy and relatively accurate to shoot without shouldering it.

Enjoy. :)
1 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

dasmoeturhead
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dasmoeturhead » Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:37 am

I put a set of old BUIS's on the TS12 just for the time being. I also bought another AR15, so im going to need 2 red dots. To be honest I'm a little worn out after yesterday's purchases. Can't really gripe to much after buying 2 new weapons. The safe will have to be re-arranged. The TS12 doesn't fit in a safe like a normal shotgun, but I have a sneaking suspicion it'll end up next to my nightstand.
0 x

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:15 am

dasmoeturhead wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:37 am
I put a set of old BUIS's on the TS12 just for the time being. I also bought another AR15, so im going to need 2 red dots. To be honest I'm a little worn out after yesterday's purchases. Can't really gripe to much after buying 2 new weapons. The safe will have to be re-arranged. The TS12 doesn't fit in a safe like a normal shotgun, but I have a sneaking suspicion it'll end up next to my nightstand.
Yeah, it's kind of a strange beast when it comes to storage. Have you watched any of the Youtube videos about it? There's several good ones - Hickock45, MAC, etc.
0 x

dasmoeturhead
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dasmoeturhead » Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:37 am

GunnyGene wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:15 am
dasmoeturhead wrote:
Yeah, it's kind of a strange beast when it comes to storage. Have you watched any of the Youtube videos about it? There's several good ones - Hickock45, MAC, etc.
I've watched quite a few, but not the ones you mentioned. I'll give them a try. I think the BUIS are going to work just fine. Now I just have to get to the range. Might be Monday or Tuesday before I get to the range. Also need some more 00 Buck, and more slugs to site in.
0 x

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:53 am

dasmoeturhead wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:37 am
GunnyGene wrote:
dasmoeturhead wrote:
I've watched quite a few, but not the ones you mentioned. I'll give them a try. I think the BUIS are going to work just fine. Now I just have to get to the range. Might be Monday or Tuesday before I get to the range. Also need some more 00 Buck, and more slugs to site in.
I tried some flip up BUIS initially, but my old eyes just weren't up to them.
0 x

dasmoeturhead
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dasmoeturhead » Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:40 pm

GunnyGene wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:53 am
dasmoeturhead wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:37 am
GunnyGene wrote:

I tried some flip up BUIS initially, but my old eyes just weren't up to them.
I'm still going to get a red dot. My eyes get fuzzy after awhile with irons.
0 x

dasmoeturhead
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dasmoeturhead » Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:37 pm

Gunny, which choke did you use in your Tavor TS12 to sight in slugs? Finally got my red dot, but not sure which choke to use. There's a modified choke installed, with a 4 notch improved cylinder in the bag with a choke tool.
20220620_133414.jpg
20220620_133534.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x