Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Savage/Steven's 555 parts list

PJM
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Savage/Steven's 555 parts list

Post by PJM » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:10 pm

When I realized that there was no parts list with new 20 gauge Steven's 555 I purchased, I contacted Savage and I was dismayed at their response. To quote them the shotguns they sell "are imported and we do not sell parts for them". I responded that their reply was not acceptable and noted that was why I normally buy Ruger or Henry firearms. I have a request into the Turkish manufacturer for a parts list in English. We will see how that goes. I did see that Numrich Arms is stocking some forearm and buttstock wood and forearm stuff. I was really looking for a source for pins and springs as these would be the ones to fail. I guess the saying "let the buyer beware" now applies.
0 x

ol'pole
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Savage/Steven's 555 parts list

Post by ol'pole » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:46 pm

That's why my firearms say Made In USA
1 x
I love my country but I fear my government

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:11 pm

that response from Savage really surprises me .... I've crossed them off my list to consider if I should be in the market down the road,
0 x

PJM
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by PJM » Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:20 pm

Sad as US companies are either going overseas for production or going under. Remington new owners are attempting to start up the old plant in Illion NY, with the first product being the 870 pump. We hope for the best. I think all we have left are Ruger, S&W, Henry, and Mossberg. Oh yes and Savage for some of their models.
0 x

PJM
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by PJM » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:17 am

As far as non US companies,not too much wrong with Browning, Beretta, Weatherby, and some Winchester firearms made out of country.
0 x