Benelli Nova Tactical Pump

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Benelli Nova

Post by GFK » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:25 pm

Hatchdog wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:05 am
Pardon me if I’m stating the oblivious here but most shotgun manufacturers put limiters in the mag tube in order to make them legal for hunting. Here in Washington State we are limited to three total shot shells while hunting. Most shotguns have a simple “plug” in the tube that can be removed which would increase your capacity by two. I don’t know if that’s possible with your Benelli.
Thanks. But, I was not aware of that. The plug was a little challenging to remove. I had to push the top of the plug down with a screwdriver while using a pair of needle nose pliers to squeeze the retaining bushing. I just about got it out, without the bushing flying. But, it did, in the end. If I have to remove the magazine spring again for cleaning, it may be interesting. I have not had to remove a retaining bushing for a magazine before. A cap, yes. I have more control over the release of a cap. But, it was hard to judge the tension of the bushing while squeezing it. But now, the spring seems to move freely. So, it was worth the effort.
0 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:54 pm

GFK wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:58 am
Ernie wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:19 am
With the extended mag on mine and the extra shells on the stock the added weight is noticeable but not too bad. I also like the ghost ring sights, first shotgun I have owned with that option. Hope you enjoy your Benelli.
Thanks! Me too! While in the Navy, I shot Remingtons during the qualifications shoots. Back then, we had to go through a session of annual small arm qualification: .45 ACP (changed to 9mm), 12ga and M14). Shotgun was considered primary for clearing a hallway. So, I thought it would be nice to have one. Benelli seems to be a pretty good product. I am looking forward to putting a few shells through it.
I did find some 00BK. Now, it just a matter of time. :)
0 x

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Benelli Nova Tactical Pump

Post by GFK » Sun May 30, 2021 11:51 pm

Finally, made it to the range. My goals were to get a feel for the firearm, sight-in and get an idea of pattern. Shot 6 rounds total: 4 at 10 yards and 2 at 25 yards. At 10 yards, I shot two birdshots, and a slug and a 00 buck. The shotgun seemed zeroed and the pattern seemed good. So, I moved out to 25 yards, shoot a slug and 00 buck. The pattern still seemed good, but I pulled to the right. Yet, the slug hit center, and I called it all good. I was shooting from a standing position. Recoil was not bad, and the shotgun was nice to shoot. I would probably had put on a slip-on butt pad, if I had decided to shoot more rounds. I accomplished my goals. Thus, I called it a day. Lesson learned: practice, practice, practice. Be patient and squeeze the trigger. However, that is the beauty of a shotgun: slop counts.

P.S: I like the Ghost ring and cartridge replace feature.

10Yards.JPG
25Yards.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x

TNman
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by TNman » Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:26 am

Nice shotgun that should fulfill its hd mission nicely and be a good knock about the farm shotgun as well…
1 x

Kissmybrass
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Kissmybrass » Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:08 pm

Hatchdog wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:05 am
Pardon me if I’m stating the oblivious here but most shotgun manufacturers put limiters in the mag tube in order to make them legal for hunting. Here in Washington State we are limited to three total shot shells while hunting. Most shotguns have a simple “plug” in the tube that can be removed which would increase your capacity by two. I don’t know if that’s possible with your Benelli.
off topic but can you hunt in WA with a lever rifle tube full of 45-70's???
0 x
H010G 45-70
H006M Big Boy Classic .357
Sig 320 XCompact
S&W 686 Plus 5"
Rem 870 Tac

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:57 am

Yes you can. The magazine limit is for shotguns only. I believe the idea is that when bird hunting particularly large flocks of waterfowl the magazine limit keeps the shooting to a sportsman like number of shots. Rifle type hunting is generally a single target opportunity.
0 x