Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Benelli M2 for HD

Koyote
Cowhand
United States of America

Benelli M2 for HD

Post by Koyote » Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:07 am

Purchased a Benelli M2 Tactical/Sporter 12 ga. Shotgun for HD. It is a semi-auto as I do not believe that racking a slice is going to scare away any intruders and will just give away your position! The Benelli is reliable and to fire the first round all that one needs to do is push the safety button and pull the trigger. It has an 18.5" barrel that is easy enuff to maneuver in a hallway. It has a ComforTech system in stock for less recoil and Ghost ring sights which helped me to hit my target when shooting. It has a capacity of 5+1 and a "ghost round" capability for a total of 7 rds.
I upgraded to an NC "BFB" Big Fat Benelli Bolt Operating Handle
I mounted a Picatinny rail for future need and installed a Tru Lock Crio Plus Tactical Breeching Choke, not that I am going to be breeching any doors or impaling any zombies, it just looks bad ass.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Benelli M2 for HD

Post by Hatchdog » Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:20 am

That’s a good looking shotgun, I like that it has sights. Wish my 870 did.

What is a ghost round?
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:21 am

if ever needed, it should serve you well .... I've never owned one but Benelli is known to be a good outfit .... what size shot do you plan to keep it loaded with .. :?: .. what choke do you plan to use .. :?:
0 x

Koyote
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Koyote » Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:14 am

A ghost round is on on the lifter. There are a couple of videos on youtube...
I bought a small box of bird shot and never tried it out because whenever I went out shooting, I used 00 Buckshot and even some Zombie Max which my son wanted, so I gave it all to him, so now I am left with the bird shot but haven't gone out with it yet.
0 x

John E Davies
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by John E Davies » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:31 am

Those are really nice guns. I suggest that you find a way to mount a light on the forearm. Ghost ring sights are fine when there is plenty of light. Most home encounters occur in low or zero light conditions. Unlike a handgun, you can’t carry a tactical light in your other hand. A good weapon light with a bright center spot inside of a dimmer circle makes for a great aiming point. Just place the center of the spot on the bad guy’s center of mass and shoot, no sights needed at all.

Be very cautious about adding stuff to any inertia gun, it might affect how it cycles. Keep this in mind when you decide to add stuff like a 6 oz choke tube....“When a gun relies on recoil to operate, you have to be careful about weighing it down with optics and accessories. Your average red dot and side-saddle aren’t going to mess it up, but I’m sure if you kept adding weight, you’d find the spot eventually.“

https://www.pewpewtactical.com/best-be ... -m2-m3-m4/

Do you live alone? If so, keeping a round chambered in a shotgun is OK if you are very very careful, but if there is anybody else with you, it is not prudent.

John Davies
Spokane WA
0 x

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:34 am

Ok, I'm just a little envious now. :) My HD shottie is an old Mossberg 590 Mariner. Carries 8+1. Std. bead, no tactical stuff at all, unless you count a heat shield. But I do keep it loaded with a mix of 00 and Brenneke slugs. ;)
1 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:55 am

Koyote wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:14 am
so now I am left with the bird shot but haven't gone out with it yet.
I've been all over the place with it but bird shot makes sense to me for HD .... using ammo that can penetrate multiple walls or while in our camper can actually pass through its walls and well into campers parked near us is a concern for me
1 x

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:30 am

My 870 (7+1) wears a light at the muzzle as John suggested. I use a simple double clamp that clamps on the mag tube and the lite. I tried a pressure switch on the slide forend but I couldn’t get it to stick. Too much radius and texture for good adhesion. No kids here so it’s loaded with 00BK low recoil and since I live rural I’m not concerned about penetration. BUT, JEBar brings up a good point, I do bring it when I travel in my trailer and will have to give that a thought when in a campground. I’ll bring some bird shot next time.
0 x

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:57 am

Hatchdog wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:30 am
My 870 (7+1) wears a light at the muzzle as John suggested. I use a simple double clamp that clamps on the mag tube and the lite. I tried a pressure switch on the slide forend but I couldn’t get it to stick. Too much radius and texture for good adhesion. No kids here so it’s loaded with 00BK low recoil and since I live rural I’m not concerned about penetration. BUT, JEBar brings up a good point, I do bring it when I travel in my trailer and will have to give that a thought when in a campground. I’ll bring some bird shot next time.
Just a reminder; campgrounds and rest stops are notoriously dangerous places after dark. I hope that you and others also carry a suitable handgun ( in addition to a long gun ) when traveling or camping. :)
2 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

John E Davies
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by John E Davies » Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:46 pm

GunnyGene wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:57 am
Just a reminder; campgrounds and rest stops are notoriously dangerous places after dark. I hope that you and others also carry a suitable handgun ( in addition to a long gun ) when traveling or camping. :)
I am curious about why you say campgrounds are dangerous. Would you mind elaborating?

In my decades of camping, I have found them to generally be very safe, except for those run down city RV parks and Walmart parking lots. Rest stops are indeed stupidly dangerous at night. In the woods, you definitely need to be aware of bears and moose, depending on the location, not so much of two legged predators. It is highly unlikely that you will be bothered at a State Park or Federal campground.

John Davies
Spokane WA
0 x