Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Where's the beef....my 2022 Anaconda has a problem...UPDATE !

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Where's the beef....my 2022 Anaconda has a problem !

Post by fortyshooter » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:10 am

Now here is an interesting find... I took my Charter Arms 45 Colt Bulldog revolver and checked it's cylinder end play. Unloaded it was .003 with cylinder fully pressed forward and .014 fully back. Put 5 rounds of Colt 45 in the cylinder and now it was same .003 forward and .008 backward !
Smart folks they are to build them cheaper and loose but use the case head as a bump stop! :)

But you know when you have a revolver for sale the first thing a buyer will check is cylinder movement! Of course most know that a Bulldog is a lower cost revolver designed for SD and occasional range use. People expect a high end revolver to be tight!
0 x

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Where's the beef....my 2022 Anaconda has a problem !

Post by GFK » Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:16 am

I got a King Cobra Carry last year. Before I took delivery, it was sent back for cylinder failure to lock up. A bushing was replaced. I have shot less than 50 rounds through it. I will see how it holds up at the 100 rounds mark. Yet, it is a shame to be concern of such a thing with those type firearms. Supposedly, that's a reason the premium paid for them: made to a higher standard of workmanship. Yet, people are people; some try and get as much as they can for as little as they can.
0 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).