Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Gift from the Wife

FormerParatrooper
Wrangler
United States of America

Gift from the Wife

Post by FormerParatrooper » Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:46 pm

After I found and received my Henry rifle, my wife commented that it needed a little friend. I definitely married good this time :D

When I got home for deer season, she told me we had to go to the store, there is something she wanted to get but they said I had too get it. Apparently when she was at the gun store looking around, she found a pistol and mentioned she was buying it for me. The FFL at the counter said I would have to come and do the paperwork. We all know she could legally gift it, so did he of course. We live in Illinois, where it is legal as well. The FFL said not long ago he would have wrapped it and put a bow on it, but with the winds as they are he is taking no chances. I respect that. He had even pulled it aside so it would not get sold.
20231120_202510.jpg
It is the Uberti Cattleman Hombre II in .357 with the 4.75 barrel. Haven't shot it yet, but will soon.

Did I mention I have a great wife?

My initial impressions are it is hefty but feels good in the hand and points naturally. I think the wood to metal mating could be better, it is a budget priced piece tho. The brass is a bit dull, and that works for me as it will be the partner to the Henry for hunting. All in all, it seems worth the 425.00 she found it for.

I have a great wife :D

I am in the mood for John Wayne and Clint Eastwood movies today, maybe some Gunsmoke too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
5 x
I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace - Thomas Paine

US Army, 1983-2004.

H012 GMR

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: Gift from the Wife

Post by North Country Gal » Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:19 pm

You do have a great wife. I have several off the Uberti Cattleman revolvers via different importers, but all have been excellent. The Cattleman is probably the best known and popular of the 1873 Colt clones. I recently added a Cattleman 12 shot 22 LR 71/2" that I need to get out and shoot.
2 x

The Wiz
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by The Wiz » Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:43 pm

I have the same pistol. It is a great shooter, easy to handle, and does feel good in the hand. I bought mine used and it has very light trigger. May have had some trigger work in the past. I will be interested on how you feel about the trigger.
1 x
Vietnam, Cambodia, DMZ
101st Airborne, Recon. ( Where in the heck are we?)
25th Inf. Div.2/22 Inf. Reg.(mech.)
Sgt., U.S. Army, Sniper

S&W Model 67
Uberti 1851 Navy Conv.
Uberti 1873 Bisley
Henry .357 Carbine CCH
Henry SGR .22
Taurus 856

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:18 pm

Yup, I agree, you have a great wife.
1 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:24 pm

That looks nice! Also, it looks like a Henry. At first glance, I thought that it was a Henry. Happy shooting!
1 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:42 am

I have a BirdsHead 357 Uberti myself and like it very much. I add my vote with the opinion that you have a Great Wife. I too am lucky. Years ago, after we had been married a year or so, My wife bought me a Father's Day Gift... A Sig P220 45.

Will look forward to your Range Report.
1 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

FormerParatrooper
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by FormerParatrooper » Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:08 pm

BrokenolMarine wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:42 am
I have a BirdsHead 357 Uberti myself and like it very much. I add my vote with the opinion that you have a Great Wife. I too am lucky. Years ago, after we had been married a year or so, My wife bought me a Father's Day Gift... A Sig P220 45.

Range report I hope soon....

When my wife and I decided it was time to hitch, she told me didn't like firearms in the house. She didn't grow up around them. I told her they were part of the package... I had three kids from my previous marriage, and she had two. My three already were familiar with firearms. Her two ( actually I claim them as my own ) were not. Today they both are firearm owners and my shooting partners. After were married about 2 years, she bought me a Mossberg 500. Later I bought her a Ruger LCP. About 5 years ago when things were looking crazy in the US, she asked if we had enough ammo in the house. I said we could always use more. She asked if 5k was enough... the UPS guy got a hernia. :D
1 x
I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace - Thomas Paine

US Army, 1983-2004.

H012 GMR

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:45 pm

FormerParatrooper wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:08 pm
BrokenolMarine wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:42 am

Range report I hope soon....

When my wife and I decided it was time to hitch, she told me didn't like firearms in the house. She didn't grow up around them. I told her they were part of the package... I had three kids from my previous marriage, and she had two. My three already were familiar with firearms. Her two ( actually I claim them as my own ) were not. Today they both are firearm owners and my shooting partners. After were married about 2 years, she bought me a Mossberg 500. Later I bought her a Ruger LCP. About 5 years ago when things were looking crazy in the US, she asked if we had enough ammo in the house. I said we could always use more. She asked if 5k was enough... the UPS guy got a hernia. :D
Miss T grew up hunting, and owned a handgun for protection when we met, but was not a handgunner. I taught her to shoot, and taught all our blended family of four kids to shoot. They all did well and each had their skillset. Some better with rifles, some with handguns. My youngest daughter is downright evil with a handgun. Miss T is deadly with the CZ455 on squirrels and varmints around the farm... I added a Ruger Ranch 556 for yotes. I'm the handgunner. ;)
2 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:06 am

My wife is originally from California and when we first started dating one of the first conversations I had with her was the fact I was a gun owner, hunter and a member of the NRA. I wasn’t sure what to expect assuming that her big city upbringing didn’t give her any exposure to firearms. Well she promptly told me about varmint hunting with her dad and uncle and shooting in the desert. Bingo!

Yep FormerPT, you have a wonderful wife.
2 x