Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Joanie and the New Model Single-Six

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Joanie and the New Model Single-Six

Post by Sir Henry » Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:18 pm

My neighbor Norma and I met Bill and Joanie today for lunch and had a great time visiting and talking about the great state of Wisconsin and some of the other places we have lived. Joanie is as great in person as she is online. I met her and Bill once before in 2017 when I bought my second teardrop. I’m amazed at her knowledge about firearms.

Afterwards Joanie introduced me to the guys in the local gun shop across the street. They know her by name and told her they had something she might like. In the meantime I wandered down to look at some wheels guns at the end. Joanie spotted an unfired 0625 New Model Single-Six.

I tried to resist temptation but Joanie is a good enabler and I uttered the words “I’ll take it”. After a slight delay from the feds I walked out of the store with this .22LR/.22WMR convertible. The trigger is nice and she showed me how to do an easy poor man’s trigger job. That will have to wait a day as I’ll be volunteering in Ogema tomorrow.
650B2A87-7A23-43C9-8831-181F2E338503.jpeg
I let them know what other pistols I’m wanting so my chances of finding a case hardened birdshead SA just improved.

In the meantime look for a range report on Sunday.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
6 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Ruger 0625 New Model Single-Six

Post by BrokenolMarine » Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:28 pm

That is sweet. I wouldn't mind another Ruger Single Action. I had a really nice one when I was a young Marine, marked "Made in the 200th Year of our Nation's History" on the barrel. One of my fellow Marines, one of two roommates in the house I owned, was getting out and going home and just HAD to have it. That little gun was an amazing shooter, deadly accurate and came with the 22 magnum cylinder, and light engraving. He was packing up to head back to Missouri and started making offers. NOT for Sale, I told him.

I kept telling him to buy his own, but he had just received his discharge pay, travel pay, payout on his college fund, and closed out two savings accounts. HE wanted that one. He made a generous offer and I said no. He counted out the offer in twenties. Nope. He added more twenties. Nope. More twenties. Nope. More. Ah... No? (There was a slight waiver at this point... he sensed victory at hand.)
More. Sheesh. "No, you could buy TWO with that brother." I told him. A few more.
He said: I want that one, I know how well it shoots, AND, I'll add a hundred for the western gunbelt."

I miss the Ruger. ;)

Look forward to your Range Report.
3 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

PJM
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by PJM » Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:21 am

I have one also. Could use that trigger job. What is involved?
0 x

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:17 am

PJM wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:21 am
I have one also. Could use that trigger job. What is involved?
Take the grips off, and you will see a Hammer spring on either side, just unhook one side or the other.
I do it to all my Ruger SA's. ;)
20221029_071839.jpg
20221029_071849.jpg

RP
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Re: Joanie and the New Model Single-Six

Post by Vaquero » Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:25 am

Nice lookin Single-six Gene, I have a pair of blued ones.

RP
0 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:22 am

Bill and I thoroughly enjoyed our visit with Gene and Norma and for sure, we will be doing it, again. Norma was amazing and for those of you who've never met our Sir Henry, you will never meet a nicer guy.

And yeah, I am an enabler. Guilty as charged. :)

As for Gene's stainless SS, Ruger is not even cataloging a stainless Single Six on their website at this time, so that was a good find. For those not in the loop with Rugers, Ruger recently said the are resuming production of their single actions after a long shut down. They plan to start with their best seller, the Blackhawks and go down the list from there. Of course, this is Ruger, so we'll have to wait and see how it goes.
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:35 am

BrokenolMarine wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:28 pm
That is sweet. I wouldn't mind another Ruger Single Action. I had a really nice one when I was a young Marine, marked "Made in the 200th Year of our Nation's History" on the barrel. One of my fellow Marines, one of two roommates in the house I owned, was getting out and going home and just HAD to have it. That little gun was an amazing shooter, deadly accurate and came with the 22 magnum cylinder, and light engraving. He was packing up to head back to Missouri and started making offers. NOT for Sale, I told him.

I kept telling him to buy his own, but he had just received his discharge pay, travel pay, payout on his college fund, and closed out two savings accounts. HE wanted that one. He made a generous offer and I said no. He counted out the offer in twenties. Nope. He added more twenties. Nope. More twenties. Nope. More. Ah... No? (There was a slight waiver at this point... he sensed victory at hand.)
More. Sheesh. "No, you could buy TWO with that brother." I told him. A few more.
He said: I want that one, I know how well it shoots, AND, I'll add a hundred for the western gunbelt."

I miss the Ruger. ;)

Look forward to your Range Report.
Those are called Liberty Rugers. All Rugers made in 1976 had that stamping. Liberty versions are very desirable to Ruger fans and add a bit to the value. I actually have two, as new in the box. The top one is a Single Six.

1 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:48 am

Yes Ma'am. I always regretted selling the little Ruger to my friend, but I was a young Corporal in the Corps, and rather than blowing my money like many I had bought a small house outside of town. I just couldn't turn down his offer, even though I tried to get him to go buy a new Ruger for half the offer at the exchange. But he wanted the one he had been shooting well for the last two years.

I have let a few other firearms go over the years I wish I hadn't... Cars as well. Haven't we all?
1 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:26 am

For sure. I still think about some of those I never should have sold even after all these years.
1 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:54 pm

I have very few in the safe I would sell now. I might let go of a couple of the extra Glocks I bought when I was teaching to use as Student Guns. But then again... with the political situation these days... Unless I ran into someone I knew who had something cool to trade...

Tina has said I earned the right to ADD to the collection when I want to. So now and then, when something special shows up...
;)

She hasn't ever complained. She adds sewing machines to hers. :lol:
2 x