Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Joanie and the New Model Single-Six

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Re: Joanie and the New Model Single-Six

Post by Vaquero » Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:49 pm

My ah, convertible single-six is also the Liberty model. Is also my daughter's birth year, she'll end up with it when I'm gone.
20221029_134515.jpg

RP
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:57 pm

Another very nice Single Six. Great heirloom for your family.
3 x

Bake
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Ruger 0625 New Model Single-Six

Post by Bake » Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:14 pm

BrokenolMarine wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:28 pm
That is sweet. I wouldn't mind another Ruger Single Action. I had a really nice one when I was a young Marine, marked "Made in the 200th Year of our Nation's History" on the barrel. One of my fellow Marines, one of two roommates in the house I owned, was getting out and going home and just HAD to have it. That little gun was an amazing shooter, deadly accurate and came with the 22 magnum cylinder, and light engraving. He was packing up to head back to Missouri and started making offers. NOT for Sale, I told him.

I kept telling him to buy his own, but he had just received his discharge pay, travel pay, payout on his college fund, and closed out two savings accounts. HE wanted that one. He made a generous offer and I said no. He counted out the offer in twenties. Nope. He added more twenties. Nope. More twenties. Nope. More. Ah... No? (There was a slight waiver at this point... he sensed victory at hand.)
More. Sheesh. "No, you could buy TWO with that brother." I told him. A few more.
He said: I want that one, I know how well it shoots, AND, I'll add a hundred for the western gunbelt."

I miss the Ruger. ;)

Look forward to your Range Report.
Thanks, BrokenoMarine, for reminding me why I always have trouble with Marines. I was at China Beach when you guys landed, and I lived on Danang Air Base, where you guys set up your camp. We were glad about the added security for a few days, but the price of beer (33) doubled in town, 100P Alley became 200P Alley, and one evening I was in the NCO club, and I was in line behind a Marine (S/Sgt) who ordered 100 grilled ham & cheese sandwiches "to-go." I had just returned from Monkey Mountain and the chow hall had closed. So I heated up some of my "C" rations on my truck engine and disparaged the Marines. It was a long time ago, and I'm sure I'll get over it, someday . . .
0 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:33 pm

It's okay, I love you ALL. Miss T and I are the definition of "military family." Five generations of military on both sides, covering all branches. My mom and dad met in the Navy, two uncles in the Army, son in the Coast Guard, like his Grandfather, and my middle daughter met her hubby in the Air Force. The Wife's father and Brother were in the Navy as well. My Stepfather was a Marine during Korea, that Blues picture on the Mantle...

I was on active duty for more than thirteen years, and did a lot of joint task force stuff. I loved the Air Force chow halls. Food was amazing. Enlisted Transient Barracks at Air Force bases were nicer than our Officer's Quarters. :D

That Marine ordering those sammiches? Probably just came out of a field op, eating c-rats for a month. He was just hungry. :D
1 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: Ruger 0625 New Model Single-Six

Post by Sir Henry » Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:10 pm

Bake wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:14 pm
BrokenolMarine wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:28 pm
That is sweet. I wouldn't mind another Ruger Single Action. I had a really nice one when I was a young Marine, marked "Made in the 200th Year of our Nation's History" on the barrel. One of my fellow Marines, one of two roommates in the house I owned, was getting out and going home and just HAD to have it. That little gun was an amazing shooter, deadly accurate and came with the 22 magnum cylinder, and light engraving. He was packing up to head back to Missouri and started making offers. NOT for Sale, I told him.

I kept telling him to buy his own, but he had just received his discharge pay, travel pay, payout on his college fund, and closed out two savings accounts. HE wanted that one. He made a generous offer and I said no. He counted out the offer in twenties. Nope. He added more twenties. Nope. More twenties. Nope. More. Ah... No? (There was a slight waiver at this point... he sensed victory at hand.)
More. Sheesh. "No, you could buy TWO with that brother." I told him. A few more.
He said: I want that one, I know how well it shoots, AND, I'll add a hundred for the western gunbelt."

I miss the Ruger. ;)

Look forward to your Range Report.
Thanks, BrokenoMarine, for reminding me why I always have trouble with Marines. I was at China Beach when you guys landed, and I lived on Danang Air Base, where you guys set up your camp. We were glad about the added security for a few days, but the price of beer (33) doubled in town, 100P Alley became 200P Alley, and one evening I was in the NCO club, and I was in line behind a Marine (S/Sgt) who ordered 100 grilled ham & cheese sandwiches "to-go." I had just returned from Monkey Mountain and the chow hall had closed. So I heated up some of my "C" rations on my truck engine and disparaged the Marines. It was a long time ago, and I'm sure I'll get over it, someday . . .
Good old Ba Mươi Ba.
1 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Bake
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Bake » Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:07 am

BrokenolMarine wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:33 pm
It's okay, I love you ALL. Miss T and I are the definition of "military family." Five generations of military on both sides, covering all branches. My mom and dad met in the Navy, two uncles in the Army, son in the Coast Guard, like his Grandfather, and my middle daughter met her hubby in the Air Force. The Wife's father and Brother were in the Navy as well. My Stepfather was a Marine during Korea, that Blues picture on the Mantle...

I was on active duty for more than thirteen years, and did a lot of joint task force stuff. I loved the Air Force chow halls. Food was amazing. Enlisted Transient Barracks at Air Force bases were nicer than our Officer's Quarters. :D

That Marine ordering those sammiches? Probably just came out of a field op, eating c-rats for a month. He was just hungry. :D
You guys had only been "in-country" for about a week. The Staff Sergeant [I believe that's an E6 in the Marines ] was just taking care of his guys, but everywhere you looked, there were long lines of Marines . . . .
0 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:14 am

:D

He learned, like I did, eat decent food and sleep in a good bed when you can...
... Next thing you know. :roll:
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.