SA wheel pistol in .22LR recommendation

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Re: SA wheel pistol in .22LR recommendation

Post by Vaquero » Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:10 am

The Happy Kaboomer wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:51 pm
I'd reccomend a Ruger Wrangler with birds head grip. I have one and its fun.......Heritages do nothing forr me. They look and feel cheap.
I have a wrangler also, and to me it's about the same as the Heritage.
Don't really like the finish, it reminds me of the barrel finish on Henry's BBS series. Cheap.
Don't care much for it but I'm used to it by now, but will not own another of either.

This past weekend I shot the Heritage and Wrangler side by side and "I" shot the Heritage much better.
If I was lookin for another inexpensive 22 revolver I would choose the Heritage over the Ruger.

RP
2 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:06 am

Shooting is what it’s really all about. My Rossi’s are not much to look at especially the furniture but they shoot quite well.
2 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:11 am

Vaquero wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:10 am
I'd reccomend a Ruger Wrangler with birds head grip. I have one and its fun.......Heritages do nothing forr me. They look and feel cheap.
Don't really like the finish, it reminds me of the barrel finish on Henry's BBS series. Cheap.
Don't care much for it but I'm used to it by now, but will not own another of either.

This past weekend I shot the Heritage and Wrangler side by side and "I" shot the Heritage much better.
If I was lookin for another inexpensive 22 revolver I would choose the Heritage over the Ruger.

RP
Very nice Heritage collection Randy! They are fun little guns to shoot and customize. Mine seems to shoot the plain 22 LR more accurate than the 22 Mag but the Mag cylinder has the cool looking cards engraved on it that make my Blackjack configuration look the part. Maybe I will try another brand of 22 Mag ammo other than the CCI.
1 x

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:36 am

My Heritage in Blackjack form with 22 Mag cylinder installed and side safety removed and plugged.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:26 pm

fortyshooter wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:11 am
Vaquero wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:10 am

RP
Very nice Heritage collection Randy! They are fun little guns to shoot and customize. Mine seems to shoot the plain 22 LR more accurate than the 22 Mag but the Mag cylinder has the cool looking cards engraved on it that make my Blackjack configuration look the part. Maybe I will try another brand of 22 Mag ammo other than the CCI.
You've got a couple choices of .22mag, but with that short barrel it's probably not going to make a big difference. Hornady has a good selection and there's also Federal, Winchester, Fiocchi, and Browning in that caliber to name a few. ;)
0 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:47 pm

There are some 22 mag self defense ammo loads designed for use in a short barrel, but I can't see that they would be any more accurate and they are more expensive. My one 22 mag rifle loves the various varmint tip 22 mag loads, though.
1 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:06 pm

North Country Gal wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:47 pm
There are some 22 mag self defense ammo loads designed for use in a short barrel, but I can't see that they would be any more accurate and they are more expensive. My one 22 mag rifle loves the various varmint tip 22 mag loads, though.
My CZ loves the varmint tip 22 mags too. The 17 HMR is still more accurate though.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:16 pm

Yeah, hard to beat the 17 HMR. Even had one in a Contender pistol that was awesome.
1 x