Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

California trigger on my Anaconda !

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

California trigger on my Anaconda !

Post by fortyshooter » Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:37 pm

I was comparing trigger action on the Anaconda to my SW 629 and Model 69 today and noticed something strange while pulling the trigger in SA mode.
The hammer actually pulls just a bit further back under spring tension like in DA mode before it releases. A bit of investigation reveals that the action is like the new Python and both had to meet a California regulation of not going off in fully cocked position after being dropped on a concrete floor 6 times! :shock:
My SW M-69 5 shot 44 Mag revolver has the lightest trigger of the three revolvers both SA and DA. The lighter DA pull over the Anaconda is mostly due to the smaller 5 shot cylinder of the M 69. That Anaconda cylinder is a big piece to rotate but it is very smooth in operation with the hammer pull much better than both Smiths.
It is a shame to have one States crazy regulation be forced upon the other "free" States gun owners but that's the way it is.

Would be nice to have the trigger pull weight on the M69 on the Anaconda. There is a slight curl on the hammer sear edge that causes the hammer to rotate
back that little bit from some pictures I saw.
3 x

Headhog
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: California trigger on my Anaconda !

Post by Headhog » Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:28 pm

Actually it's not that California is forcing their requirements on everyone else. It's the manufacturers making a business decision not to have two different variations of the same firearm. There are many manufacturers that sell California compliant firearms and also the same firearm for the other 49 states. I believe you bought this Anaconda used so maybe it was originally sold to a dealer in California.

Paul
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: California trigger on my Anaconda !

Post by Sir Henry » Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:13 pm

Good information. Thanks for posting it.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater