Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Shooting on the NEW RANGE

Post by fortyshooter » Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:16 am

BrokenolMarine wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:09 am
fortyshooter wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:15 pm
Wow that is great shooting just getting in the groove again and in the heat !! Congrats on the first range day!
Is that long dirt berm to the left in background part of the range?
The berm is in front of the berm wall behind the target. The "apparent berm" to the left is a deep creek bank. I will not be above putting steel targets down in the creek bed I had custom made. 8" plates that slide onto pairs of rebar rods. Falling plates that don't fall. :lol: I have six, so I can space them up the creek, and you'd walk up shooting down INTO THE CREEK BED ringing the plates. :twisted:
Now that is a cool setup! Maybe a short video of you in action on the plates one day.
0 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:35 am

fortyshooter wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:16 am
BrokenolMarine wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:09 am
fortyshooter wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:15 pm
Wow that is great shooting just getting in the groove again and in the heat !! Congrats on the first range day!
Is that long dirt berm to the left in background part of the range?
The berm is in front of the berm wall behind the target. The "apparent berm" to the left is a deep creek bank. I will not be above putting steel targets down in the creek bed I had custom made. 8" plates that slide onto pairs of rebar rods. Falling plates that don't fall. :lol: I have six, so I can space them up the creek, and you'd walk up shooting down INTO THE CREEK BED ringing the plates. :twisted:
Now that is a cool setup! Maybe a short video of you in action on the plates one day.
I'm good at posting pics. I have yet to have any luck posting or emailing a single video.
:(
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

Cattle Driver
Australia

Post by 220 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:12 pm

Headed to the range over the weekend with the wife as well, we have been doing a little bit more target shooting the past few months after very little for a number of years.
Started the day with shooting a ISSF air pistol match, 10m/11y like all ISSF matches shot one handed standing unsupported. Bullseye is under 1/2" scoring rings go down to 1 which is about 6". Wife was disappointed she put 3 shots into the 7 ring, 7 ring is about 2" and a match is 60 shots. Her 3 worst shots were less than 1" from the bull so yeah I got my ass kicked.
Shot a bit of 25m precision after that, wife used her Hammerli 22lr while I decided to have some fun with my 686. Similar result with wife out shooting me again, I did manage to redeem some pride with my last 10 shot series being the highest scoring but she just shot a lot more consistently overall.

I know I am not the best shooter in the world but I do have boxes of trophies and medals from when we were shooting competition regularly that confirm I am far from the worst. Still as it stands now with a son that also shoots well I am probably lucky my daughter never took a real interest in pistol shooting or I would only be the 4th best shooter in the family :lol:
0 x

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:27 pm

Congrats on the inaugural run, and clearly some fine shooting.

RP
0 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

graywolf
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by graywolf » Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:51 pm

Agree with everybody. Nice shooting and range. Good to have some shade this time of year.
0 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:27 pm

Thanks all. We should be back at it in the morning.
1 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.