Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Ruger Liberty model single actions

John E Davies
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Re: Ruger Liberty model single actions

Post by John E Davies » Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:51 pm

Nice guns. My first centerfire handgun was a 1976 NM Blackhawk .357. Unlike you, I just do not care for Single Actions… . Do you mind sharing what you paid? Any other interesting guns at the FFL from that collection? Were they from an estate?

I don’t have one, but I always lusted after a Dan Wesson Pistol Pack…. a .357 set just sold for $2500 near me. No plastic box, but a really nice hinged aluminum “briefcase”

John Davies
Spokane WA
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:27 pm

John, I paid $1150 for the pair. I didn't steal them, of course, but that is a fair market price for unfired Rugers with box and papers of that pre-warning vintage and the Liberty vintage adds extra value. The boxes and paperwork being complete and in mint condition also adds to the value. The inspector number tags were even there.

Love that DW pack. If I recall, the aluminum case was the way they shipped the gun and accessories. Those original blued 15-2s were awesome revolvers.
2 x

JVogler
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by JVogler » Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:26 pm

Being a Ruger revolver fan I think you got a fantastic deal on 2 revolvers. Just recently decided I need a single action Ruger. My lgs had a used single six 22lr blued, by the time I decided to apply for a New Jersey pistol permit the revolver was sold. Sold in less than a week, i told counter guy the next single action Ruger that comes in give me a call.
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:54 pm

Hope you find one. The Single Six is as close to impossible to wear out as a 22 revolver gets. Not match grade revolvers, though I have had a few that had match grade accuracy, right there with my best semi-autos.
2 x